Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have been thinking about several of these lifts and never really liked any of the one or two pully systems. The thought of the top being able to tilt just worries me. I also do not like the idea of thin rubber coated hooks bearing all of the weight.

The Racor storage system with a few modifications seems like the most secure and versatile system and since it is not a Jeep specialty item it is not over priced. I plan on going with this lift with the modifications similar to what cavsvet74 did in this thread.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/hard-top-pulley-and-storage-system-139964.html

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
The Racor lift works great. The only drawback is that it is not designed specifically to attach to the hard top, you will have to figure that out on your own. However, it is rated to lift 250lbs, more than enough to store your hard top and doors and other stuff. With the platform included it can pull double duty for storage of things not Jeep related.

Attaching the hard top is a fairly simple matter. A couple straps from the hoist platform to the top works well. Or as Jimbo does, hook the hoist platform directly to the roof rack on the hard top (if you have a roof rack of course).:thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Smittybilt hoist

I was looking at the Smittybilt hoist. I even ordered it before I realized they won't be shipped out until late Summer to early Fall. I wanted it for the Spring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts