Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Does anyone know what font is used for the "WRANGLER" impression in the passenger side stock grab handle? The word "wrangler" is recessed. I'm trying to identify the font.

Thanks in advance!

·
Retired Moderator
100,458 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.
Thank you! Our first Jeep and loving it! I've always been into the sports cars clubs etc. Traded our 2018 Porsche and we are more giddy about out Sarge Green 2020 JL Wrangler. Half the price and triple the fun! We should have bought a year many years ago!

Thanks again and happy mothers day to those moms out there!

·
Super Moderator
10,607 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I don’t know the font.

If you are looking to add some color, there are vendors selling the letter inserts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the information. I have a mini CNC mill and have some thin brass I wanted to cut out and inlay into it like the picture you provided but this would be polished brass inlay. This is why I'm searching for the correct font to use.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's an example of the brass inlay. I made these aluminum disks to insert into the socket of a friends bed. When he removes his bed posts these fit into the base of where the bed post screws in. The posts block his view of the TV. So I cut the pocket on the aluminum "pucks" and then milled out the brass insert. Tapped them in with a hammer, polish them up. They look really nice in person so I had the idea of cutting some thin brass plate and inlaying them into these pockets.

·
Super Moderator
10,607 Posts
That looks great!

Chances are it is a proprietary font Jeep created just for Wrangler.

You can ask Don at PixelDecals.com. He might know the name of the font.

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts