Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to do some camping n wheelin' at TSF this year. I'm curious to hear some opinions on either Jones or Gales Creek campgrounds as a good staging location/overnight tent camping spot. Browns Camp is obvious, but I would consider that "plan C". Thanks.

-Dean

·
Registered
90 Posts
Dispersed camping... If you don't need plumbed water or built toilets.

We likes gales creek because of the swimming potential and spots for the kids to toss rocks. It is a busy place at times

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah, I may try the dispersed thing this weekend...avoid the crowds. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
AdventureDad... are you willing to share the location of any Designated Dispersed Campsites in TSF? Via PM is fine if the locations are like good fishing spots ;)

I did find a map online with sites north of Jones Creek area...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So what's a good place to fish, camp and wheel?
Kingsley Reservoir here in Hood River has a nice campground. Stocked with trout. And the trail system is excellent (99percent quad/atv trails). Doesn't require wheeling to get there though. Badger Lake east of Mt Hood requires a high clearance to get down the road, and has a campground.

I'm on the lookout for lakes/streams that require 4x4 to access.... Camping can always be done on the ground next to the jeep :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Kingsley Reservoir here in Hood River has a nice campground. Stocked with trout. And the trail system is excellent (99percent quad/atv trails). Doesn't require wheeling to get there though. Badger Lake east of Mt Hood requires a high clearance to get down the road, and has a campground. I'm on the lookout for lakes/streams that require 4x4 to access.... Camping can always be done on the ground next to the jeep :)
Thanks ! I'll go there next!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts