Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
If my Jeep is done, I'm in.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/events/710551002398656/

this is my facebook page for this run

gonna run archers west to east, and firebreak 5. Maybe more if we can. meet at the chevron in north plains. Hopefully the cable over the road going to archers from the west will be gone

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would love to go, but I doubt my rig will be ready. Coming back to Beaverton from Southern California on Monday/Tuesday but I am bringing a bunch of Savvy/Currie stuff with me that I am picking up on Monday. 4" lift, UAM tummy tuck, driveshaft, wheels/tires, etc. I don't know if I can get it all installed by the 28th.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I thinks there's confusion on meeting place and time on this run since it was combined with another group.

·
Registered
68 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/events/710551002398656/

this is my facebook page for this run

gonna run archers west to east, and firebreak 5. Maybe more if we can. meet at the chevron in north plains. Hopefully the cable over the road going to archers from the west will be gone

Can't get the Facebook link to work for me. I will try to make it but since I have quite a distance to travel, a jeep to trailer, and kids to get up and ready I may end up trying to track the group down on Archers. CB channel anyone?

BrokeJeepNut

·
Registered
219 Posts
Rig won't be done in time. Had to wait for a couple missing parts to get shipped in and the person who was supposed to help out didn't so I have been doing all on my own. Oh well. The more I do on my own the more I learn.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was hoping to make this, but the powder coater doesn't have my fenders, corners and sliders done yet. Bummed, but hope you guys get some nice weather to play in.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Can't get the Facebook link to work for me. I will try to make it but since I have quite a distance to travel, a jeep to trailer, and kids to get up and ready I may end up trying to track the group down on Archers. CB channel anyone?

BrokeJeepNut
We'll meet at the Shell Station just before TSF (55870 NW Wilson River Hwy Gales Creek OR 97117) around 0745 and roll out as a group around 0800. If you don't have an OHV pass you can pick one up there.:welcome:

·
Registered
95 Posts
We'll meet at the Shell Station just before TSF (55870 NW Wilson River Hwy Gales Creek OR 97117) around 0745 and roll out as a group around 0800. If you don't have an OHV pass you can pick one up there.:welcome:
I really want to come out with you all, but there is no way I'm getting up early enough to be there at that time on a day off.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Have fun today guys!!!! Post up them pics :)

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Didn't make after all. Was hoping I could get rid of a severe flu/bug that I've had for the past 2 days :(. Was not up to it this morning.

Hope everyone has a great time :)

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
not many wranglers showed up, mostly an xj party, i just went off on my own and ran ceder tree and tried to do bates road but i didn't know bates road go so tore up at on the east side

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
not many wranglers showed up, mostly an xj party, i just went off on my own and ran ceder tree and tried to do bates road but i didn't know bates road go so tore up at on the east side
I was up there on the 10th, as you head up Bates, where it starts to get steep, one section was pretty tore up, there was a bypass around it to the left. Is this the section you are talking about? The rest of it seemed ok except some parts, the trees need trimmed back.

·
Registered
669 Posts

That's kinda sucks :(

We ran Bates on the 15th. That trail is really torn up!!! It has the potential to turn into another V-notch type trail. IMO, its way better that way! Only problem I see is guys without a locker will not make it, going uphill, in slick conditions. The jeep is so far tilted to the passenger side it has almost no weight on the drivers side, thus resulting in the jeep transferring all power to the wheels with least resistance and just spinning the drivers side tires. Heads up to the JJUSA groups in June!

·
Registered
68 Posts
More Wranglers than Cherokees in the group I went with. It was slow going but I was glad to get out and play. It's been a long time. I haven't been on Bates Road in years. So I will have to check it out next time.

BrokeJeepNut

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
I was up there on the 10th, as you head up Bates, where it starts to get steep, one section was pretty tore up, there was a bypass around it to the left. Is this the section you are talking about? The rest of it seemed ok except some parts, the trees need trimmed back.
i didnt see the bypass. but yea it looks fun and a nice v notch style hill

1 - 18 of 18 Posts