Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as the title goes, I just bought a 2010 JKU Sport from a buddy of mine that has put some money into it and the two owners prior put a lot of money into it. Lots of quality parts on this thing.

Little background on me, some of you may remember I had a 98 4cyl TJ until 2016, built thread called my buildup from stock,

sold that, bought a 2003 Grand Cherokee Overland for better storage and space and creature comforts. I did a few mods on it and had it going everywhere I needed to. I have a built thread on Jeep Forum.

I’m now done with college and have a real full time job so I posted it up on Craigslist and it was gone in a week. I had already been talking to the friend about his jku and I bought it that week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The build goes as follows:

3.5” Rock Krawler Long arm lift
Fox remote reservoir shocks
Limiting straps
PSC knockoff Flat Fenders
Welded Evo Rock Sliders
Dynatrac Prorock Ultimate 44
-RCV shafts
-5.13 gearing
-ARB air locker
Rear Non Rubicon Dana 44
-Ten Factory Chromoly Shafts
-Geared 5.13
-ARB air locker
-PSC Diff Cover
Rubicon 241OR transfer case 4:10 gears
Adams driveshaft front and rear both from driveline direct
JCR Front stinger bumper
Warn 9.5 cti synthetic winch
LED headlights
HD tie rod/drag link/ track bars
Antirock sway bar system front/rear
Psc knockoff hydro assist
37x12.50x17 cooper STT pro tires
17” ATX street lock wheels (I think)
PSC modified tire carrier
Rotopax mounts
EVO frame shackle mount
Rear bumper delete
Cobra cab radio/firestick antenna
SPOD
Rock lights
MBRP high clearance exhaust
PSC evap skid
PSC hood Louver
Tinted windows

So that’s how it was when I bought it. I also have a storage unit of spare chromoly rear shafts, trail doors, driveshafts, a box of sensors and a box of drivetrain parts, spare HD tie rod, moog wheel hubs a fastback soft top etc.

Since I’ve owned it and am getting familiar with it, I’ve reinstalled the led headlight harness that was burned out. I put led lights in the cargo area and sound bar. Also installed a rubicon express gas tank skid to provide more protection. The stock on was crumpled. The crossmember is trashed. I need another one. I bought a backup camera that needs installing and artec aluminum inners for the front. Going to try to knock these out and change the oil this weekend. Next weekend I’ll be hitting Uwharrie and plan to do all the trails.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jeep looks great!! :thumb:

Thanks. I’m excited to wheel it. I’m in NC but it has been to MOAB and Harlan Kentucky I know. Not sure where else but the undercarriage needs some attention. Fuel gauge won’t sit at full when it’s actually full so I’m sure it’s dented lol. Crossmember is beat up pretty bad as well.

·
Super Moderator
15,975 Posts
Thanks. I’m excited to wheel it. I’m in NC but it has been to MOAB and Harlan Kentucky I know. Not sure where else but the undercarriage needs some attention. Fuel gauge won’t sit at full when it’s actually full so I’m sure it’s dented lol. Crossmember is beat up pretty bad as well.
LOL, yep, welcome to the club :rofl:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey nice rig. You must have some big plans hey, this one is a monster compared too your GC. I like the wheels especially. In fact, I just put the same model wheels (AX194 Ravine) on the Patagonia M/T 315/70R17 tires today.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey nice rig. You must have some big plans hey, this one is a monster compared too your GC. I like the wheels especially. In fact, I just put the same model wheels (AX194 Ravine) on the Patagonia M/T 315/70R17 tires today.

Very nice. Any pics? It’s very well built which I wanted plus I got it for the kbb for a stock sport so I’m coming out ahead big time. As far as plans go, I want to upgrade the cage some, maybe give it some more skids underneath. I really don’t know what’s next. I have some artec inners that are going in today

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Today I painted some of the undercarriage, installed artec front aluminum inner fenders, got halfway through a backup camera install and I still have one bolt on the rubicon express skid I need to get in. Maybe tomorrow. I have to remove the rear tire to access it. Also tomorrow I’ll be changing the oil and going to test out the rig.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went wheeling with a bunch of people at Uwharrie OHV. We got tons of pictures and the Jeep didn’t have any problems at all. It was a great way to get accustomed to wheeling a JKU. Here’s some of the pictures of my rig.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Calculated my crawl ratio today and it is just over 86:1. This is pretty impressive imo and made a huge difference in the trail. I used 2nd gear on all the obstacles and my crawl ratio in second is about 48:1. Next time I’m out I’ll see if I can use 1st gear on the harder stuff to see how much of a difference there is.

This was calculated by the 2.8:1 transmission ratio x 4:1 transfer case ratio x 5.13:1 axle ratio x 1.5 for an automatic to account for torque converter.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Making a list of future mods for the next year or so depending on how it goes. Right now the list looks like

-Tereflex Front Big Rotor Kit
-Sport cage, preferably weld but maybe bolt in
-Smoked LED fog lights
-Brawlee Rear Glass Light Bar
-Monstaline interior of tub
-CO2 10# system as a backup to the ARB single compressor and it can run air tools/ air up tires more easily if needed

Not 100% sure on these two but it could be pretty convenient to have.

-Dual battery system
-Inverter

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The last two days: cut off Evo rock sliders so I can install poison spyder rocker body panels. Drilled 42 holes for the nutserts/ mounting bolts. Had a few spin/not line up that great. Cut the bolt heads off and glued them in place. Then beefed up the sliders by sleeving them with 1.5”x .25” wall DOM tube going the length of the mounting tubes. Not my welds, beautiful nonetheless. Extended the sliders about a 1/2” for more of a step. And it snowed last night.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I’ve been thinking about it since I bought it a couple months ago and have decided to go with a ton in the rear. I’m going with a 14 bolt full float axle, 5.13 gears, shave kit, arb, artec truss with jk brackets. I plan to do this over the next year, slowly one part at a time. This upgrade will allow me to run 40s comfortably or at least more so than the 44 that’s currently in the rear.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got a few things for the Jeep over Christmas. A couple of work lights, a craftsman toolbox, tire deflators, led fog lights. My in laws needed a stump pulled out of the ground so I also bought a new shovel for the job and used the winch to get the stump out.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Installed LED fog lights, added grip tape to the sliders to help grip while wet, made a shovel/ax mount with quick fist clamps and installed an EVO Protek HD Crossmember. Also got the backup camera almost up and running. Just need to lengthen the cable but can’t find any jack extensions smaller than the 3.5mm. Might order a 2.5mm online. I also got it washed at the auto car wash and found I actually fit. Great weekend.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts