Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed my center console to have linex sprayed, When i put my console back on the rubber plate that covers the shifter is hanging out past my console. Was covered by carpet before. Can I spay over that and what is that piece called?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Rubber plate? I know there is a rubber boot that the shifter comes out of. I just lined my tub not too long ago. The thing I had sticking out under the console was a metal plate that was kind of yellowish in color, it was attached to the floor with a couple bolts (or screws) holding it down. It stuck out on the passenger side. All I did was mask it off when lining the tub and just spray painted it to match afterwards. I figured if it ever needs to be removed, it would be easier to remove paint instead of liner.

Do you have a pic, maybe we're talking about the same thing here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Yeah it is the same thing, I don't know why they made it so the console doesn't cover it up? I just took some herculiner and and put a little bit of it on there so it matched all the way up. Looks pretty good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts