Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I found a CJ7 tub, roll cage, fenders, hard top, window, etc for 750 in good condition. But the other is unknown of the year and thinks it is a 85-87, which I am ok with......but will my YJ doors, soft top, and family style roll cae fit?

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
kbar said:
Ok so I found a CJ7 tub, roll cage, fenders, hard top, window, etc for 750 in good condition. But the other is unknown of the year and thinks it is a 85-87, which I am ok with......but will my YJ doors, soft top, and family style roll cae fit?
Are you aware of all the things needed to convert to a cj tub? Usually the yj tub goes on a cj.

If it is a later style cj tub the door latches should work. The openings are the same on a cj7 and a yj.

Do you have a factory soft top or a bestop? I have a yj bestop supertop on my cj7.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm basically taking everything out of my yj tub and putting it on a new tub. Including my family style roll cage.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I'm basically taking everything out of my yj tub and putting it on a new tub. Including my family style roll cage.
Well here are few things that are different. Defrost, gas tank side, body mount bolt size and the tailgate obviously.

The family style rollbar should work fine. I have seen them swapped into CJ's.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will be putting my dash, heater, etc in it. Yeah I know I will have to drill a few holes here and there. Tailgates are interchangeable from what I know of I think. My mine worries were my doors no changing over, and now about the gas tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts