Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are tube bumpers still "in"? I like the looks of them, but my buddy thinks otherwise. What do ya'll think?

The bumpers I am refering to are the Rugged Ridge dual tube.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
I would say no. Just my opinion though. ;)

If you like them then go for it. Owning a Jeep is all about personalizing it and making it your own. :D

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Simple Scout said:
I would say no. Just my opinion though. ;)

If you like them then go for it. Owning a Jeep is all about personalizing it and making it your own. :D
ditto....

here's what I did to my mopar douible tube front bumper..

:D

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Personally I don't like them. You see them too much on poser Jeeps. I do like what Vector6 did to his though. It at least sets it apart from all the others.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have them and now wish I had gotten something more functional like a stinger. But it is all about what you like.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
daddyjeep said:
Personally I don't like them. You see them too much on poser Jeeps. I do like what Vector6 did to his though. It at least sets it apart from all the others.

what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Simple Scout said:
Here's a link: http://www.wranglerforum.com/showthread.php?t=2150

I thought I remembered someone asking about this awhile back.
Missed that in my search...

Saw a jeep with tube bumpers when I was at lunch... Didn't like as much as I thought I would... Didn't look functional like 04tjinsa stated.

Scratched it from my wish list :D

·
Fields of pain is where I graze
3,324 Posts
i honestly don't think they look that bad. what exactly is a poser jeep, just want to make sure.

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Jeeps that only touch pavement put have extras to make them look as though they offroad.

When am I getting a copy of the rule book, I missed some classes while I was out getting pizza and SimpleScout's notes suck. :D

·
3,324 Posts
gotcha. when you're done with the rule book, could you pass it on. i still like those bumpers.

·
3,324 Posts
i guess i'm just a simple man with simple tastes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tiny terror said:
Jeeps that only touch pavement put have extras to make them look as though they offroad.

When am I getting a copy of the rule book, I missed some classes while I was out getting pizza and SimpleScout's notes suck. :D

Isn't that the same as plastering a honda civic with stickers to make it go faster... :D :D :D

·
3,324 Posts
hey thanks tiny, and stickers do make a vehicle go faster.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
My stickers didn't make me go any faster?!?! Did I put them on wrong?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts