Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to take the doors off of our 2017 JKU for the first time, so have been looking at tube doors.

EAG seems to be reasonably priced and reviewed well. While I expect that they are made overseas it seems that most if not all of what I am seeing are made overseas also.

Opinions on EAG tube doors?? Yay, nay or stay away???

Thanks,
BK

·
Registered
906 Posts
I'm getting a set only because it will make the girl friend more comfortable when going "doors off". If it wasn't for her, I'd never own a set.

I'll be getting the Metalcloak set.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm getting a set only because it will make the girl friend more comfortable when going "doors off". If it wasn't for her, I'd never own a set.
A big reason for buying a set is my wife. She's coming around to the idea of taking the doors off but not sure if she can go completely doorless, especially on the highway. A small price to pay for her being more comfortable..

·
Commercial Member
8,337 Posts
I could be wrong(happens sometimes lol) but I'd wager that the wives still won't be comfortable since you see through the tubes.

It's not holding them in any better then the seat belts.

My wife doesn't like doors off either.
I'll put her side on sometimes lol and leave mine off.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
Wanting to take the doors off of our 2017 JKU for the first time, so have been looking at tube doors.

EAG seems to be reasonably priced and reviewed well. While I expect that they are made overseas it seems that most if not all of what I am seeing are made overseas also.

Opinions on EAG tube doors?? Yay, nay or stay away???

Thanks,
BK
Been running my Body Armor doors all summer for the last 6 years.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
648 Posts
I run my Aries tube doors every time my reg doors are off. I love them. I like them because it gives me a place to rest my left arm while driving. I have noticed that with the screens I added, things don't blow around quite as much as with no doors. My wife likes them because she uses them for a little bit of support getting in.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all who responded. I tried running without door but I did not have rear view mirrors so that didn’t work. Plus it just felt odd, which is strange since I’ve ridden a motorcycle for 40 years!

I found a used set of Quadratec tube doors (with mirrors) and put them on. Took a few miles to get used to them but I’m really liking them. Colder weather is coming so the full doors will go back on soon, but the tube doors will be back on when the weather turns warm again.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I started with the bestop tube doors. I liked them, but with no or just tube doors, lots of air blowing makes it hard to keep anything not tied down from leaving lets more water, mud, and dust in. Once had a couple of pizzas in the passenger start hovering about 6 inches off the seat and we’re just about to fly out when I stopped them.

I got the skins for the bestop doors then had them paint to match. Love the function and the look. Poor man‘s half doors.
Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Mountain

1 - 13 of 13 Posts