Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Tube doors options

5K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  NineandaHalfToe 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 jeep tj so my mirrors are mounted on the door so i am looking for some tube doors with mirror mounts on them.

I came down to these three options, Which would you guys recommend?

First one i like because of the price
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LMUTKAI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2UUWCCR4G5EFA

Second
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001P24OF4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Last one i like the best but most expensive
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007IUGX0Q/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

#2 ·
I bought the rugged ridge for a JK and they were great. Also got a set of mirrors so I didn't have to keep moving the stock ones

#3 ·
I have a set of the Bestop High Rock doors. I like them because you can add the pouch sleeve to the door or even attach a hard metal piece to it to make a solid half door. They came with the Jeep so I kept them, but would just as soon go no doors. Still, I break them out every once in a while to change up the look.

#5 ·
The one I have does not have the paddle handle. I would go that route of a paddle handle next time. My vote #2...Good luck to ya'..

#7 ·
Stienjager is the company I got by rear sway bar from, I was reluctant cuz I had never heard of them and they were underpriced. Tire Auto part Automotive tire Vehicle Vehicle brake
When the sway bar arrived I was very, very pleased with the quality. And it was a direct install, no issues.... For that I would go with their tube doors right now if I didn't already have a set.

PS. Steinjager is a USA company. That's always a bonus.

#9 ·
Ran into this when I got my Bestop Half Doors. Ended up using a PIAA Light mount and mounting a $15 Oreilly Special mirror to the handle on my sport cage. Works really well and is very clean. You can see it in the picture below. If you need more pictures i can get close ups tomorrow.

#12 ·
My next purchase is Rancho Tube doors and I will also be getting the spiderweb skins for them. I have read many positive reviews on the Rancho tube doors.

#13 ·
Just met Mark from Steinjager at TDS over the weekend, and he let me try out his tube doors for a few hours. I really enjoyed them. I didn't even have to commit to purchasing. The ONLY thing I didn't like about them was the latch to the doors, I had a little trouble, but my GF had no issues whatsoever. Maybe it's because I'm left handed? Other than that they have a variety of colors, decently priced, and they are a fairly new company.

Attachments

#18 ·
I considered all the ones you show, for the same reasons. I almost went with the Rugged Ridge, still like them a lot. The Bestop doors have a lot of options, including half-door skins and windows. However, I think they're just too much metal. Defeats the purpose of the tube doors.

I went with Body Armor doors. they accept earlier TJ stock mirrors (later TJ mirrors fit, but not as well). I'm happy with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.