Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a wrecked jeep a while back that had no front body parts, including the grill, hood, and fenders. I'm putting tube fenders on for my build, but I don't know which tube fenders actually need the stock fenders to work.

For example, the smittybilt use the stock fender, but I don't konw if they actually need it to work right, or if it is only utilizing the inner fender portion.

Will something like the blue torch fab tube fenders work without the stock fenders?

Thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
This is what it would look like if you use smittys fenders and no inner fender I'm guessing its doable but not as sturdy but what the hell try it lol

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I don't think there are any full replacement tube fenders that are around $300. Metalcloaks run around $700 and poison spyder are around there too.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
If it uses the stock fender, you wouldn't want to try it without. It uses it for support.

Both the Poison Spyder and TnT fab do a full replacement, but they arent cheap. You won't find any full replacement for $300. and smittybilt uses weak materials and shotty welds

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
you won't get a better price than at northridge4x4.com. free shipping and 10% off already good prices.

I think with full replacement, they will also be around 700

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
I went with the TnT's...just waiting for them to arrive...was convinced 2 weeks ago when another Jeeper (who has been singing there praises for the last two years) hit a tree in the woods with passenger side front corner...he got a "scuff" in the paint. He also said it is like "6 bolts to remove if you need in at the motor. Said he did the head and just pulled the 6 bolts and sat on the tire to do the work.......Not cheap though....but I wanted more "coverage of the front tires"

·
Registered
623 Posts
I went with the TnT's...just waiting for them to arrive...was convinced 2 weeks ago when another Jeeper (who has been singing there praises for the last two years) hit a tree in the woods with passenger side front corner...he got a "scuff" in the paint. He also said it is like "6 bolts to remove if you need in at the motor. Said he did the head and just pulled the 6 bolts and sat on the tire to do the work.......Not cheap though....but I wanted more "coverage of the front tires"
Did you go with the 4.5" or 6" flare and what air intake did you switch to? I keep saying that I love the look and price of the TnT's but have heard switching to a K&N air filter is a nono.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I have friends with the TnT. Very strong, seen them take some hits. But material wise, the spyder with inner fender will be the strongest available bar none. 3/16 steel vs tubes

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
The metalcloaks are pretty strong too. They survived a roll without a scrach ;)

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Did you go with the 4.5" or 6" flare and what air intake did you switch to? I keep saying that I love the look and price of the TnT's but have heard switching to a K&N air filter is a nono.
I went with the 6".....I also have "heard" the no no about K&N....The guy I mentioned in the first post wheels his regularly...he LIVES/ OWNS the property where we wheel, and has had no issues.

Secondly I have had an aftermarket air intake on my '04 TJ since '06, and I have never had an issue. I do not do deep water crossing or anything like that.

I also have a "dry" filter with a Million Mile warranty....(fwiw). I have ran this CAI for about 150K miles and have had no issues so far. (Jeep has in excess of 165K on it)

·
Registered
776 Posts
GenRight and Poison Spyder can come with an inner fender

1 - 20 of 20 Posts