Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into some tube fenders. I've been looking at the genright 4in flare. I cant decide if I want the hi fender or the regular. My stock fenders are starting to rust behind the flare and the inner fender pinch welds. The price is about a grand with the fenders, inner fender kit and light kit. Can I see some pictures of members tube fenders.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I love mine there worth every penny. There well built, strong and boy can they take a hit. Next Jeep I build I will go with them again.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I love mine bc they don't require you to hack-up/modify your old fenders. They are a complete replacement. That means you can sell your old fenders and get your $ back. Super easy to install too.

Secondly, they open the wheel wells up more than any other tube fender-maker from what I've seen. I can fit 33's with no spring lift and only a 1" BL and still have room to flex (I chose 32's bc of my gearing). That saves you $ on a bigger lift, or any lift at all.

They are extremely well engineered and are an awesome company to deal with. They offer free shipping almost every holiday just because. They're pricey, but like I said they'll save you money other ways and they're totally worth it in the end.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the metalcloak overlines with 4in flare. Still pricey but as stated its the whole fender. I'm running 32's with a 3.75 back spacing, can anybody give me a pic of tires/rims with 3.75 backspacing? The 6in flare seems too much.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Ok thanks. I have yet to find anything negative about them except the lengthy time to install IMO they're not pricey because plastic bushwackers cost 500+

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I like the metalcloak overlines with 4in flare. Still pricey but as stated its the whole fender. I'm running 32's with a 3.75 back spacing, can anybody give me a pic of tires/rims with 3.75 backspacing? The 6in flare seems too much.
This pic has 12.50 wide and a 4in BS

13.50 wide with 3.75 BS

The front Metalcloak fenders took less then 2 hrs to install NO DRILLING is very nice.

The rear took about 4 hours had to drill all the holes in the tub.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anybody have a problem with the hood rubbing?
Metal Cloak Overline Fenders Installed - JeepForum.com

I think I may just buy them and once the cops get me cause of how much wheel isnt covered I'll order the flares lol

Where do you mount the signal light/ parkinglight that was in the stock fender flare?

·
Registered
192 Posts
i was thinking about going with metal cloak and getting the overline front fender, the 6" flare for front, the rocker guards, the corner guards, and the 6 inch flare for the corner guards, but it came out to like 2,300 and some change, does any of yall know wether they will give big order discounts or like discount for going all the way around jeep? and also defcon 1 does the powdercoat hold up well?

i was thinking about going with the new poison spyder defenders but 600 a fender??? yikessss

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any discounts for being a memeber?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I didn't have a problem with the hood rubbing, but every Jeep hood is shaped/worn out differently so I can't verify if yours will have a problem, it's uncommon though from what I have read.

The parking/turn signal light go away completely, you can purchase new round markers for like $20 from MC, they fit in pre-drilled holes already cut in the fenders, super easy to wire up.

I haven't smashed into any rocks/trees/cars with the powdercoat yet, but I have dropped my pieces several times on my concrete driveway installing them by myself, no scratches lol.

I don't know if they would give anyone a discount, but like I said they always offer free shipping on holidays, that alone is several hundred dollars of savings for pieces that weigh 80+ pounds.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow $700 for fenders powder coated. If there was a discount Id order them asap.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Wow $700 for fenders powder coated. If there was a discount Id order them asap.
Yea who ever does there powder coating is making bank. I bought mine in raw steel to save money and used the spray on bedliner. Next spring Im going to have the whole jeep Linex

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah it sounds like there powder coat is really tough. Maybe I'll wait till closer to christmas.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts