Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been searching amazon for good led spot lights. These tuff led lights are all over the place. And they have nothing but good reviews. Perfect size. Low power intake. And do the job. So it seems. Has anyone had them or know of someone that has. I know they aren't hella or kc or delta. But if you don't have the money for the name. What do y'all think here's one of them off amazon http://www.amazon.com/Light-Power-T...374069807&sr=1-1&keywords=led+off+road+lights

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I have 2 on order. All the reviews were excellent out of 60 so they can't be too bad. I think I saw 1 yr warranty as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
But! Will they work as *fog lights* ? I love the looks but it will be nice for them to be useful. Just sayin' :)

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
But! Will they work as *fog lights* ? I love the looks but it will be nice for them to be useful. Just sayin' :)

Generally "Fog Lights" have a low, wide beam to help with short range visibility. The lights that are linked to in post #1 have a 30* beam. I would think you would want something wider for a proper "Fog Light" beam pattern. But if you aim them properly they will still help with visibility!

-Ryan

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ryan,

What do you suggest? Should I go with this lights? After looking at pics, they do seem pretty bright. Perhaps, you have some insides on how to set them up as fog lights?

Thank you for your help, guys.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Ryan, What do you suggest? Should I go with this lights? After looking at pics, they do seem pretty bright. Perhaps, you have some insides on how to set them up as fog lights? Thank you for your help, guys.
im pretty sure the same maker has a 60 degree beam as well.

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
Ryan,

What do you suggest? Should I go with this lights? After looking at pics, they do seem pretty bright. Perhaps, you have some insides on how to set them up as fog lights?

Thank you for your help, guys.
im pretty sure the same maker has a 60 degree beam as well.
Like MosesTJ said, it looks like there is a very similar light on that has a 60 degree pattern that would work better as a fog light IMO. There a few guides to aiming headlights/fog lights floating around on the forums but I can't seem to locate one right now. I'll post one up here if I can find it!

As long as the lights are mounted fairly low, have a wide beam pattern, and are aimed properly, they will work just fine as fog lights.

Let me know if you have any other questions! And let us know what you decide to go with.

-Ryan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts