Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using the Tuffy 282-01 Tailgate Enclosure with a Stealthbox in my JK and the thing is rattling like crazy. Prior to installing the enclosure I had no issues as I have installed Dynomat in back of the Jepp. I am about ready to remove the security enclosure as it is driving me nuts.

Anyone have a similar issue? How did you solve?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I installed a 282-01 today. That sucker is a tight fit and I don't have any rattling at all. It looks to me like they may have changed the design. The online instructions showed a 2 piece unit that you needed to assemble. Mine came in one piece with a hinge spot welded at the factory. Which is yours? I wonder if the 2 piece held together with carriage bolts is the one that rattles. I am disappointed that it has rubbed a hole in the back seat fabric already where it rubs against it. Also the tailgate is harder to shut.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed a 282-01 today. That sucker is a tight fit and I don't have any rattling at all. It looks to me like they may have changed the design. The online instructions showed a 2 piece unit that you needed to assemble. Mine came in one piece with a hinge spot welded at the factory. Which is yours? I wonder if the 2 piece held together with carriage bolts is the one that rattles. I am disappointed that it has rubbed a hole in the back seat fabric already where it rubs against it. Also the tailgate is harder to shut.
I have the one piece version as well. The rattling occurs from the bass from the Stealthbox...otherwise no rattling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts