Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was nice today high 40's. So I installed my tuffy drawer. It was very easy took about 10 min. I also got the dial lock. Not sure if I like it yet (the lock) Numbers are real small. my 40+ eyes have a hard time with them. I do like the knob the lock is in. It makes it real easy to turn. 1st look I like it.

No I do not lock my guns in while I am driving. Mostly for the trips I take to Cin ohio, They have crazy laws and it is easer just to keep it in the jeep.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

:D

·
Registered
422 Posts
thats cool. i usually just put mine in my center console which is an ammo can lol. Its got the foam-padded walls on the inside.

thats a nice lookin 1911, what model is it? i have a Kimber tactical custom II, but a Glock guy at heart, i've got the G22 with night sights and a Streamlight on it.

Rock on!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a SIS custom. It is for fun. the G23 is for carry. I usually have it in a holster. while driving. live in kentucy work in ohio. Ohio has restrictions on how to transport guns even with a ccw.

The price? Got from santa. I have seen them for $99.00.

·
Registered
422 Posts
G23 FTW. that was my next move but 'ran into' an XD9(M)-9 so the G23 will wait a while. i had a Springfield GI that i paid $400 for and a guy wanted a 1911 so bad that he traded his $700 XDM for hahaha. i couldnt resist 19+1 capacity, slim grip, chambered round and striker inicators, wheew i was sold. and with my IWB holster it disappears completely.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
about an hour and 15 north of you. By the cincinnati airprot.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's nice.. I carry a xdm9 I love it and no you can't beat the 19+1 capacity..
if you need 19+1 you might need to get your eyesight checked or hit the range some more?

·
Registered
479 Posts
excuse me sir but when your being attacked by zombies you need all those rounds.

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
It is a SIS custom. It is for fun. the G23 is for carry. I usually have it in a holster. while driving. live in kentucy work in ohio. Ohio has restrictions on how to transport guns even with a ccw.

The price? Got from santa. I have seen them for $99.00.
As far as I know... the only laws for transporting loaded guns in Ohio with CCW, the gun either has to be locked up in an appropriate storage container (ie lock box) or holstered on you. If it's loaded and NOT holstered on you, I think that's illegal...ie sitting loaded in the door. I could be mistaken...but if anyone needs to know, I can look it up. I don't have my CCW yet...but have taken the classes so I've got the book with the laws sitting here.

·
Registered
168 Posts
haha nice a-grip! I used to have the a-grip on all my glocks but took them off because I carried so much, they got really ratty after awhile. felt good tho....

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
Nice. Don't bring it to Illinois. No concealed carry at all but I just bought a smittybilt box for under my seat.

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
Nice. Don't bring it to Illinois. No concealed carry at all but I just bought a smittybilt box for under my seat.
I'm originally from IL...you can carry your guns in your lockbox (or a storage case/container), but they must be unloaded with no mag in the gun. From what I've gathered, you can even keep your mags loaded right there with the gun.

For this one I will provide a source...since I'd been doing a lot of research on it, being that I travel to IL a lot.

Illinois Carry | Concealed Carry

Another good reference:
http://www.isp.state.il.us/docs/ptfire.pdf

Or just get yourself a fanny pack... :rofl:
Owners say law lets them tote guns in fanny packs | Concealed Carry

The FOID card mentioned in those sources are only required for IL residents...while I was there over Christmas, I asked if they played any role with me, being an OH resident and I was told they are required for IL residents only. In fact, in IL...I can go to Rural King (think of a large Tractor Supply Company) and all I have to do is show them my OH driver's license to buy ammo there. No special card or permits required. My grandpa was kinda jealous that I could buy ammo and he couldn't...lol :D

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
I've got a foid an the way. I understood it ( icould be wrong) was that the ammo had to be in another part of the vehicle and the gun had to have a lock on it not just in a box but after reading that it seems to be okay. And I like the fanny pack idea lol

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
I've got a foid an the way. I understood it ( icould be wrong) was that the ammo had to be in another part of the vehicle and the gun had to have a lock on it not just in a box but after reading that it seems to be okay. And I like the fanny pack idea lol
Yeah, some states do require the ammo to be located in a separate compartment in the vehicle...I think Ohio is like that for non-CCW owners. Ammo in glove box, gun in case out in the open or in trunk, etc.

From the links I posted, I think they stated somewhere in there that the ammo having to be located elsewhere is a "common myth" in IL...and the gun cases I don't think have to have a lock, they just have to be designed for storing the firearm (such as the original gun case...some which don't have the ability to be locked but do have latches). However, if in doubt, I would keep it separated just in case. I took my gun with me over Christmas to show my family my soon to be daily carry firearm...and just to cover my @ss if I was pulled over, I left all my ammunition at home.

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
Yeah I would love to be able to cc it would be nice. Might have to keep a hand gun in my new lockbox idk

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
Yeah I would love to be able to cc it would be nice. Might have to keep a hand gun in my new lockbox idk
I told my family when IL allows conceal carry, I'll move back (I'm originally from Decatur/Mt. Zion)...but for now, I'm not leaving Ohio. Might end up in Florida since my parents are moving down there this month and they're the only family I have in Ohio...but doubt it. TOO warm.

Btw...to the OP, I realized I never commented on the Tuffy box...looks nice. I tried the Bestop box with no luck and just can't justify spending so much on a lockbox. Might spring for one in the future...for now I've settled on a small one that attaches under my seat via cable.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
So I guess this box installs and fits better than the other one posted on here that some have had problems with?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts