Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Goose Gear JKU Floor Plate will work with the Tuffy Security Enclosure for my 2008 JKU? I called Goose Gear and they did not have any idea and they were not that familiar with the Tuffy Products. I attached a link to the product below.

I want to keep my Tuffy enclosure but possibly install the Goose Gear floor plate and delete one or both of my rear seats.

https://www.goose-gear.com/products/jeep-jku-plate-system

·
Registered
6 Posts
$500 for a piece of 3/4" Baltic Birch plywood cut to fit, sprayed with bedliner, and with a couple pieces of aluminum channel bolted to it? Yeah, hard pass for me. If you want to know if it (Tuffy enclosure) will still fit, just look to see if it will fit if you had to raise it 3/4-1" to accommodate the plate.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$500 for a piece of 3/4" Baltic Birch plywood cut to fit, sprayed with bedliner, and with a couple pieces of aluminum channel bolted to it? Yeah, hard pass for me. If you want to know if it (Tuffy enclosure) will still fit, just look to see if it will fit if you had to raise it 3/4-1" to accommodate the plate.
It's more than just raising the thickness of the plate, I was wondering more about the mounting locations for both and whether or not they will conflict with each other.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
The tuffy rear legs would mount behind where the edge of the goose deck sits so the answer is they will not work together without modification. And any modification you could make to have it happen would reduce the depth of what you could put on the goose deck slide rails.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
May I ask what your end goal is? I modify the ever living crap out of stuff for fun so perhaps I can help you brainstorm a solution.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have an exact plan yet, but the jeep is my 3rd vehicle and I rarely use the rear seats. I like how Goose Gear has the flooring system that includes removal of all or part of the rear seats but still allows options for accessories (fridge, drawers, etc.). That said, the security enclosure is a must and would trump the Goose Gear idea.

I'm pretty certain that I could create something similar but I do not have the equipment for wood working at the house and would prefer a nice end result over something that would just get by.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
I don't have an exact plan yet, but the jeep is my 3rd vehicle and I rarely use the rear seats. I like how Goose Gear has the flooring system that includes removal of all or part of the rear seats but still allows options for accessories (fridge, drawers, etc.). That said, the security enclosure is a must and would trump the Goose Gear idea.

I'm pretty certain that I could create something similar but I do not have the equipment for wood working at the house and would prefer a nice end result over something that would just get by.
Hey Jeff, I have lots of wood working stuff, but my skills are not up to goose gear. We could give it a try if you like.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have a Tuffy enclosure but not a Goose Gear. Based on the Goose Gear video, I would very much doubt that it could be used with the Tuffy without modifications. Among other things, it looks to me like the Goose Gear floor plate is too wide to fit. Perhaps you could mount the Tuffy Enclosure in top of the floor plate. Hard to say.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts

Ok so just run t-nuts in the extruded aluminum of the goose plate, add a crossbar bolted to the tnuts. Bend the tuffy back plate to bolt to the cross bar. Then trim the excess material off the tuffy back plate. You would have a small gap as tall as the goose plate raise but the top deck would sit as it does now.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I too "deleted" my rear bench (just removed it as I don't really plan to take more then one other person with me ever in the Jeep and I am the only one who even drives it (its a standard trans and the rest of the family hates driving it for some reason.......) and even I am kind of hesitant on the Goose gear idea, but I am also hesitant on dropping $$$ for things I can't physically test and play with first off....to ensure it will 1 meet my needs, 2 not compromise safety, or 3 interfere with the use or subsequent use of the item/vehicle it is installed in IE will it interfere with how I use my jeep which is as a runabout at this time and possibly weekend off roader to have fun with?

I also love to modify the living daylights out of any vehicle I get but also like to have tasteful and practical mods (like USB ports) so I am honestly hesitant on modding any thing as far as either product and from what I can see (based on pictures) the two items are going to interfere to a limited degree and will require some type of modification so again I would be hesitant to modify any thing I spent large $$$$ on...but that is just me I think?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts