Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Purchased the Tuffy security deck from Quadratec and installed it today.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/14036_0005_07.htm

On the product details it lists "2-door rear seat can still be used with the mounting system installed to the floor and it can be stowed folded and tumbled with the deck enclosure installed." but when I tried this, i had to completely pull out my seat to get it installed. I was able to lift it back in and wedge it between the deck and my front seats, but i'm no longer able to recline my seat or push it back as far as i need to for my height.

Has anyone else installed this on the 2door and left the seat in? I don't use the seat often, but it would be a pain to take in and out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have the Tuffy 299 for a 4 door installed in my 2 door HR. I took the back seat out the day bought it. It's been back in once since then so we could ride around, top down, with two of our grand kids. The enclosure had to come out for that. However, after that day was over, the seat came back out and the enclosure back in. The back seat is in storage, and stays there.

If you don't need the back seat, I'd say leave it out. It takes up valuable space in a two door. That would be my recommendation.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have the Tuffy 282-01 and it works with the back seat folded or in the normal installed position. It isn't huge but it gets the job done.

This is on the 4WD site it says this on the 326-01: "On 2-door models the rear seat can not be fully used" It doesn't specify any more than that.
4WD Parts

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Back seat is useless

I had to extend my driver's seat 4 " with extenders , and install an orthopedic seat , so I gave the useless back seat to the adaptability mechanic . More room and more fun without it .:bop:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts