Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone

I'm having problems installing the lid of the security deck. Don't know where the wheels on the lid are suppose to go. I know they need to go in the track but I feel like I'm doing it wrong it's way to tight. Another question I thought the lid was able to open and stay up mine just opens up I have to hold it up to keep open is this how all the others are too ?

Pics of the wheels in the track would help me out a lot.

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
I'm not sure of the model you have or whether you have a JKU or JK. My lid does not stay open either ( don't think any of them do) I have to prop it open if I want it to stay open. I can take a picture of my Tuffy to show you how mine is.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Here a few pictures.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
And another:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Last one:

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here a few pictures.
That's perfect !!!! Thanks for the pic

When I unboxed mine that wheel thing came the other way so I'm guessing they installed it wrong. Can you send me a pic of the other side of the wheel please just to make sure it's the same one.

Thanks so much this was a lot of help 😃

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What year and model do you have I noticed that you have side panels. Mine just came with a back panel and 2 side brackets and the lid

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
I honestly don't remember what model I have but I hope those pics shed some light on your quest to install the Tuffy enclosure.

I have found I really don't need to lift the top up very often. I use the enclosure daily to secure gear for work (large gear bags) and I just reach in to grab items from the back.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I honestly don't remember what model I have but I hope those pics shed some light on your quest to install the Tuffy enclosure. I have found I really don't need to lift the top up very often. I use the enclosure daily to secure gear for work (large gear bags) and I just reach in to grab items from the back.
Thanks for all the help I think I know what I did wrong. They really should work on the instructions a little IMO they made them very poorly.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
It did come with side trays but I did not install them. I have an JK unlimited and enclosure came with side panels to form a "box" to include the panel that fits behind the back seats. I bought it last fall about this time of year and installed it then. If I find the model number I'll let you know.

http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-255-tuffy-jk-security-deck-enclosure.aspx

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
My "wheels"(washers) didn't come pre-installed, I had to put it together myself. If you ever need a mat for the top, go to Home Depot or Lowes and they have inexpensive mat material. I bought a soft diamond plate mat for the top of my enclosure so when I have coolers or lawn chairs strapped to the top if protects it. You can see the mat in the pictures and my anchors are Tuffy anchors from Quatratech and I mounted them on the deck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts