Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
275-01 - Tuffy Security Products Security Deck Enclosure for 2011 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec
Looking to get this for my 2012 JKU

Looking for a review if you installed it yourself; I could have the dealer install it as I am not that mechanically inclined and it mentions something about a T-40 torx tool since I have a hard top.(Dual Top)

I keep my laptop in the trunk along with other gear so I need a lockable area with the soft top.

Let me know what you think about it...thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
Worked great for me. Even though the Q-tec instructions tell you it will take about 3 hours (approximately, I don't remember the exact time) it was very easy and quick. Great product as far as I'm concerned and glad that I bought it. :thumb:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Just put one in yesterday in a 2012 Sahara unlimited, took about 1 hr with two people working on it, hardest part was putting the bolts back in for the hard top. ALso put in one of the tuffy underseat drawers.

·
Registered
186 Posts
this looks like a really cool product. i am new and don't have my jeep yet. should get here in 2 weeks. is this enclosure still locked secure when the top is off? ie, can someone reach in to the jeep, hit the door unlock button, and then open up the rear gate? or is the gate locked differently? it would be nice to leave recovery gear locked in there all the time. thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
best mod I've done to my jeep. I leave my top off most of the time and very nice to have the secure storage. Took a couple of hours with basic tools to install. I got the rubber "diamond plate" for the top and mounted my high lift jack through the top with button head bolts so my jack is secure as well.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
best mod I've done to my jeep. I leave my top off most of the time and very nice to have the secure storage. Took a couple of hours with basic tools to install. I got the rubber "diamond plate" for the top and mounted my high lift jack through the top with button head bolts so my jack is secure as well.
I bought the diamond plate liner, too. Hoping to install mine early next week.

Good idea for the hi-lift. Might have to check something like that out. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
The security deck encloses the subwoofer. From what I've been able to find out, the Tuffy doesn't interfere with the subwoofer at all, in terms of performance.

Not sure how true that is, but I'm gonna find out very soon. Probably install mine in the next few days, time permitting.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The security deck encloses the subwoofer. From what I've been able to find out, the Tuffy doesn't interfere with the subwoofer at all, in terms of performance.

Not sure how true that is, but I'm gonna find out very soon. Probably install mine in the next few days, time permitting.
it does not interfere with the sub. Ive seen a dozens of these enclosures installed. I'll be installing one in our 2012 soon as it gets here.

its a good place to strap down the ARB frig too:thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
it does not interfere with the sub. Ive seen a dozens of these enclosures installed. I'll be installing one in our 2012 soon as it gets here.

Good deal. Thanks, Chris.

BTW: Finally supposed to get my tires next week. Soon as they come in, I'll be installing them with the FT lift. It's been sitting in my garage for weeks, mocking me!

Can't wait. :thumb:

·
Registered
186 Posts
there's enough room for the fridge up there? can you still open the lid with with the hard or soft top on the jeep? i was wondering where my fridge would go if we get one of these for the jeep.

1 - 20 of 224 Posts