Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had it for my 2007 JKU and I was told by Tuffy that it would fit the 2011 but for some reason mine won't fit. Could be due to a metal bar underneath the seat with wire connectors on them. Anyway, does someone want to take one off of my hands for $75 shipped? Normally $94.99 plus shipping. Only 4 months old.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
Boosta, you going to go with the bestop?

·
Registered
100 Posts
If it will fit a 2010 JKU I would love to have it. Any info on weather the 11 is different that the 10? I can't look at mine until I get back on the beach Tuesday.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you are looking for one to replace the Tuffy, I had the one in the following link in my 2007 Wrangler and I moved it over and it fits in my 2011. It slides right under that new bar they put on the 2011 seat bracket.

Cabela's: Secure-It Key-Operated Handgun Storage Safe

·
Registered
100 Posts
:zap: Hope you don't needit in a hurry !

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO
Nope! I'd never lock a gun intended for protection. The HK .45 compact stays in the driver's side door pocket ready to take care of business :punk:. I just want one to put valuables when parked topless. I figure the G-box and center console would be the prime targets so I'd rather just leave them unlocked so they don't get pried open.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nope! I'd never lock a gun intended for protection. The HK .45 compact stays in the driver's side door pocket ready to take care of business :punk:. I just want one to put valuables when parked topless. I figure the G-box and center console would be the prime targets so I'd rather just leave them unlocked so they don't get pried open.
Exactly. Not all places are carry-friendly and while I tend to not visit and spend my money at places that have "no concealed carry" signage posted, some places can't be avoided like municipal buildings and such. Gotta leave the gun somewhere and I'm not trusting it to the glove-box or console even with the top on. What caliber USP compact you got? I've got one in .40S&W and hate it. LOL Well, more that I hate the round than the gun, but whatever.

·
Kansas Coyote
575 Posts
Man....If I had to carry around a concealed for protection, I think I'd be moving to a more "friendly" environment! Just me though! :wavey:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Man....If I had to carry around a concealed for protection, I think I'd be moving to a more "friendly" environment! Just me though! :wavey:
trust me you are living in a place were you need protection, we all are!! crazy people are everywhere, small towns big towns, on trails, ect. you are just lucky you havent ran into one of them yet .. ive lived in some of the places were you would have never evvvvvvver thought was dangerous but found out quicky how wrong i was.. I always have a pistol with me and so does my husband. I may never need it again but if i do ill atleast have a chance!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had it for my 2007 JKU and I was told by Tuffy that it would fit the 2011 but for some reason mine won't fit. Could be due to a metal bar underneath the seat with wire connectors on them. Anyway, does someone want to take one off of my hands for $75 shipped? Normally $94.99 plus shipping. Only 4 months old.
It looks like the box you have will fit my 2010. If you want to get rid of it just let me know how you want to handle the particulars. Paypal is best for me but if that doesn’t work for you just send a PM with instructions.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Leave a firearm in your car and it's your liability no matter what. The Courts, airports and gov't building prohibit carry unless you're a LEO. I carry sometimes and am retired from LE. I would NEVER leave a pistol in a car, even in a 2 ton Mosler safe, as you will be held culpible for what ever happens no matter what anyone tells you. Anyone with an ounce of sense, or responsibility would never leave any firearm in any vehicle. Any person shot with your firearm will take you through the court system and it will cost you your house, job, car and any other assets. The crimminal liability is very high in most states and don't count on the NRA coming to your rescue.

Simple solution is to leave them home if you plan to go to court, the post office or any other place they are prohibited. Those "security boxes" can be popped open in minutes if not seconds.

Displaying a firearm in a holster attached to a visible (includes every place other than compartments) part of the vehicle is considered menancing in most states if it visible to any person either out or in the vehicle. Not to mention how police officers feel about seeing a firearm readily acessible to the driver. Life is not a movie and a lot things can happen with very unexpected consequences...especially when firearms are involved.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Leave a firearm in your car and it's your liability no matter what. The Courts, airports and gov't building prohibit carry unless you're a LEO. I carry sometimes and am retired from LE. I would NEVER leave a pistol in a car, even in a 2 ton Mosler safe, as you will be held culpible for what ever happens no matter what anyone tells you. Anyone with an ounce of sense, or responsibility would never leave any firearm in any vehicle. Any person shot with your firearm will take you through the court system and it will cost you your house, job, car and any other assets. The crimminal liability is very high in most states and don't count on the NRA coming to your rescue.

Simple solution is to leave them home if you plan to go to court, the post office or any other place they are prohibited. Those "security boxes" can be popped open in minutes if not seconds.

Displaying a firearm in a holster attached to a visible (includes every place other than compartments) part of the vehicle is considered menancing in most states if it visible to any person either out or in the vehicle. Not to mention how police officers feel about seeing a firearm readily acessible to the driver. Life is not a movie and a lot things can happen with very unexpected consequences...especially when firearms are involved.
to be honest id rather take my chances along with comen sence than to be caught off gaurd. If your going to carry a firearm then yes you have to know were you can and cant have it . but that is a small price to pay compared to not having a weapon if you need it. I dont know about the rest of you but i grew up with a rifle in the back window of our pkup. If i get stoped by a cop the first thing i tell them is were the pistol is. but i also hear were your comming from as well!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts

I don’t carry my weapon on my body, only in my Jeep and not that I am singing the praises of Louisiana but in this state your vehicle is considered an extension of your home therefore a weapon can be carried in your vehicle in any place, in the open or hidden, loaded or unloaded.

I, for one never plan to be the person unprepared when confronted by someone wanting something I have and willing to do anything to get it. I don’t break the law but others do… frequently, and I’m just glad my state recognizes this and doesn’t put me at a disadvantage for obeying the law.

I can understand why an officer wouldn’t like the thought of average people with guns in their vehicles but that’s an easy stance to take with a gun on your hip. The presence of a weapon is the first disclosure I make when stopped and I have never been manhandled or mistreated.

I do have sense and I am quite responsible... hence the interest in a more substantial method of securing the weapon when not in my immediate control.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Texas also has a castle doctrine which extends the right to protect your home to your vehicle. I would hate for someone to take one of my guns and do harm to someone else. I would also hate to have someone do harm to myself or my family. I am glad I live in a state that allows a citizen with a clean record to get training, pass a proficiency test, and carry a weapon. I do carry mine most of the time and always in my vehicle. I feel comfortable with the under seat safe. There are federal and state buildings that even we Texans cannot carry in and I lock the gun in the safe when I encounter one of those locations.

·
Registered
68 Posts
J.B. said:
Glad you have that option if that's your choice. Some people don't and some who do simply refuse to run. To each their own.

·
Registered
68 Posts
offshoretek said:
USP .45 Compact. Best hand gun I ever owned.
Nice! Mine is chambered in .40S&W and being a .45 shooter normally (1911 fanatic, here), I don't care for the recoil of the .40. Was just talking to a friend the other day about how it hasn't even seen a range-day in about 8 years.

·
Registered
68 Posts
steam said:

In today's political climate, even owning a firearm presents certain liabilities. Legally carrying even moreso. It's something every gun owner has to decide for themselves. Personally, I live mere blocks away from the largest concentration of section-8 housing in the country. Carjackings and shootings are not uncommon in the area and several people have been killed during muggings within a 1mi radius from me. I'll take the chance of a thief stealing my weapon from under my underseat lockbox while I'm returning a library book before I'll drive around my neighborhood in a brand new vehicle without protection. Everyone's situation is different.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts