Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone educate me on a tummy tuck? I know that a BL and MML is really needed and have both. I also hear things about needing a SYE. I only have a 3" suspension lift, is the SYE really necessary? Is there anything else ill need?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Adding a TT to your current 3" lift will put your driveline angle as if you we're running at least a 5" lift... So yes. You need the SYE,new cv shaft, adj rear upper controls ( I recommend lowers as well), rear angled cv trackbar bracket and/ or adj rear trackbar, possible shock relocaters, new skid, lopro mount, possible Novak shift cable and a bankroll.

About $1200-$1500 to do it right. Price it out... Minus a couple bucks since you have the MML and BL already

I recommend a mega short SYE to give you a better driveline angle than just a standard SYE if you do the TT

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect. I get my jeep the day i finish putting 5k into it... (The amount my dad bought it for) this is going to be added to my to do list

·
Registered
354 Posts
So... you're getting your Jeep, but only if you put five grand into it. Essentially, you're saying you HAVE to modify your Jeep if you want to own it, and you'll never have to add the cost of mods on top of the cost of the Jeep. Sounds like a rough deal to me... I wish I had such a rough deal. :p

I've been trying to learn more about TT as well. What does "MML" stand for?

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
Jacqui said:
So... you're getting your Jeep, but only if you put five grand into it. Essentially, you're saying you HAVE to modify your Jeep if you want to own it, and you'll never have to add the cost of mods on top of the cost of the Jeep. Sounds like a rough deal to me... I wish I had such a rough deal. :p

MML = Motor mount lift. Does exactly what it sounds like it does too

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jacqui said:

Haha yep! Pretty awesome aye? Only sucky part is that i dont have a job. Im at around 1250 right now... Long way to go. :/

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jacqui said:

Oh and the motor mount lift eliminates the need for a transfer case drop which would rob you of clearance...

·
Registered
354 Posts
So you want a Tummy Tuck... - JeepForum.com give that link a try a lot of good info
Perfect! Thanks for linking to that informative topic. Big help for me. =) Just learned a Rubicon does not require a SYE and why that is so. So, I know we'll need to do a MML and BL. According to that thread, it seems we'll also need the following: double cardan driveshaft, rear upper adjustable control arms, CV trackbar bracket, possibly rear lower shock mount extenders. Is that correct, or is the rest only necessary in certain instances?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Perfect! Thanks for linking to that informative topic. Big help for me. =) Just learned a Rubicon does not require a SYE and why that is so. So, I know we'll need to do a MML and BL. According to that thread, it seems we'll also need the following: double cardan driveshaft, rear upper adjustable control arms, CV trackbar bracket, possibly rear lower shock mount extenders. Is that correct, or is the rest only necessary in certain instances?
I would add adjustable lowers to that list. when you push the pinion up with just uppers, you essentially are rolling the axle back unless you shorten your lowers to keep the wheelbase the same.

Many folks just run uppers to adjustment... but since you are throwing money at it.... might as well get the lowers too... I'm glad I did ( all eight CA's are adj. on mine )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts