Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
doing a tune up on me tj tomorrow so oil spark plugs distributer cap air filter am i missing anything?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Never hurts to go ahead and clean the throttle body while you're tinkering(I like Berrymans personally, but just my preference), and a can of berrymans or seafoam in the fuel tank to clean the injectors if you don't do that as routine maintenance.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think this thread is an example of why we all end up spending so much..."well while I'm doing this, I may as well do that too"...always seems to snowball and the next thing you know you have the transmission torn apart on the living room floor and the wife is informing of where you will not be sleeping for the foreseeable future!

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Rotor (usually comes with the cap, not always)

Check your belt see if it's cracked/glazed.

Don't need changing, but check brake fluid, power steering, clutch master cylinder fluid. (if you have one)

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
Try to find a premium distributor cap and rotor that uses brass contacts, not the cheap types that use aluminum for their contacts which wears a lot more quickly. Too bad it's getting hard to find good quality distributor caps and rotors.

If you replace your ignition wiring, I would bypass the majority of the cheap wiring sets... especially the ones that scream "low resistance" which is not what you want. Instead, I would only use the OE ignition set which costs a little more but is worth it. The dealer should have it, ask for a discount on it.

Spark plugs: Good ones for your older engine include the Autolite AP-985 or Champion 3034. Both of those are single-tipped platinums which will perform well for 100K miles.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks everyone for the great info gonna go do it now

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I think this thread is an example of why we all end up spending so much..."well while I'm doing this, I may as well do that too"...always seems to snowball and the next thing you know you have the transmission torn apart on the living room floor and the wife is informing of where you will not be sleeping for the foreseeable future!
:rofl:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts