1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
823 Posts
Well that's promising atleast, I thought that with the rolling code in the '11 and up ECUs it would never happen.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Well there was a petition going around to release the code. Maybe it worked.

·
Super Moderator
23,792 Posts
I would not use it until the head situation is cleared up. You mess with the ecm and I doubt you would have any warranty service after that. Maybe chrysler assisted with this in mind :)

·
Registered
823 Posts
I'd want it for my 2011. No head situation here! (Thankfully)

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it for sale.

Also, from what a tuning company told me, you will not be able to go totally "back to stock" on the 2011+ models with the Bosch rolling code ECUs. Once you program them, there's a flag set and the dealership can see that you've altered it. I can't confirm that, but a tuning company told me that when I had my 2011 last year.

So, a $350 tuner that adds a few horsepower and could possibly void your warranty doesn't sound like a good idea, especially on the 2012s that have potential head issues just waiting to pop up.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I've owned a Predator, had it on my 07 300C great tuner. I just got an e-mail from them the other day informing me of the new Chrysler vehicles covered, unfortunately it's only for the Hemi's and the old 3.8 v6 on the 11 Wrangler. Will be interesting to see when they come out with a tune for the Pentastar, the engine is used in almost every Chrysler product so it would be prudent for them to include it, but on the other hand like stated above the Pentastar has been a troubled engine so until the head issue is resolved I don't know if I'd be altering anything that has to do with the engine.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Socc3rakd25 said:
any reviews on this yet??
There's been one or two but very vague description on gains. No one has really fully tested it out still new on the market and I'm also waiting for a few more tech savvy jeepers to chime in who tested everything about the Diablo t1000

·
Registered
200 Posts
I just got it today, but I have to tell you, is not working for me. I updated the T1000 before using it. Reset to factory using my old procal. Plugged in the T1000, it required an aditional update, calibration update. Got that installed. Went on to change tire size, no luck. Tried to use the 87 octane tune nd the T1000 cannot read the VIN on the PCM. Don't know but have a feeling that I lost $550 on this. I'll be calling Diablo Sport tomorrow to find out what the real problem is.

·
Registered
200 Posts
OK, the problem was the part holding the tuner, ha ha, me! Instead of switching the key to the off position I was leaving it on "switch" which is the first position before ON. I was doing it because I was worried about switching it off completely and losing power on the tuner without completing the process. As soon as I switched it to off I pressed on the tuner continue, it counted to 10 and ask me to ON which I did, then continue and waited a count of 5 and the program was loaded. I used the 87 octane as I cannot remember if the gas station I use is 87 or 91. Will ride it tomorrow see how it goes.

Something weird is I couldn't find a way to tell the tuner the ratio that I'm running, if I don't find it I call Diablo Sport tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts