Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did take it to dyno, mostly just to get a safe tune on it, we safely got 155HP on 6PSI with a modest redline of 5000. The numbers never peaked, if we had set redline to the true 5600RPM or higher I have a feeling it would of been 160-170HP. Also I'm not running a intercooler yet so that was definitely a big limiting factor on how much boost I could run.

·
Registered
98 TJ 4.0 Auto, 97 TJ 4.0 Manual, 98 TJ 2.5 Manual
613 Posts
I did take it to dyno, mostly just to get a safe tune on it, we safely got 155HP on 6PSI with a modest redline of 5000. The numbers never peaked, if we had set redline to the true 5600RPM or higher I have a feeling it would of been 160-170HP. Also I'm not running a intercooler yet so that was definitely a big limiting factor on how much boost I could run.
I take it its 155HP to the wheels?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yup thats 155 HP to the wheels, that number should be going up soon,
I ordered a intercooler this week. It's a water to air intercooler from frozenboost, seems pretty neat, apparently you can add ice to make it "frozen boost"

·
Registered
613 Posts
Cool deal keep us updated with the new intercooler

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wooohooo what a night! EVERYONE who alters a vehicle from stock MUST CARRY A FIRE EXTINGUISHER! After some extensive road testing tonight I had a transmission cooler line (which had heat sheathing) burst and dump on my turbo's up pipe. I pulled over after seeing a lot of smoke and saw red glowing/flames under the jeep, instantly I grabbed my extinguisher, popped my hood, and saved my jeep from utter destruction.

So note to everyone, carry an extinguisher!

Other then that this little Jeep rocks, I have some more pics of the install, and some other random upgrades, intercooler should be here tomorrow too, Ill post all that up this week.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Vehicle Auto part Car Engine
Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Automotive engine part
Personal protective equipment Mask Fictional character Metal Costume
Text

more goodies/pics, the intercooler came today, really cool stuff, only had time to snap one pic but tomorrow ill actually get to fitting it. Also the dyno sheet says 151, but we hit 155 earlier in the day, it went un recorded.

As far as CA smog, which for me is due in 2 months, turbochargers aren't bad for the environment/smog. I plan on taking the jeep to get inspected by the state referee, if he likes it I pass smog, if not I have to return to stock for a few weeks or pay for a bootleg smog. Not a big deal to me, I knew smog might be an issue so I kept all the OEM stuff.

·
Registered
613 Posts
You can just register it in my name in nd or mn, your choice...there are no inspections here

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heres some more pics, no progress yet, kinda just unboxed everything and trying to figure out where to mount stuff. So basically it starts with a large reservoir in the cab (I'm thinking of mounting it under the passenger seat with some minor alteration) its got a large mouth on it so you can put ice in it. The ice water flows down to the bosch water pump, from their it is going to flow through that mini radiator which will go behind the grill, after that it goes to the intercooler to cool down the boost, and it finally dumps back into the reservoir.

With a colder air charge going into the engine I can turn up the boost without detonation/pinging, more boost more HP!

I'm also looking into doing some really custom head work, when I find a extra head/manifold I'm going to port it as far as it can! Also going to take it and see if I can fit larger valves/stiffer springs.

Auto part Engine Automotive fuel system Fuel pump Electrical wiring
Auto part Muffler Automotive exterior
Audio equipment Bumper Auto part Subwoofer Automotive exterior
Bumper Automotive exterior Light Audio equipment Automotive lighting
Hand Optical instrument

1 - 15 of 15 Posts