Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 545 Posts

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang, during the Meet n Greet, there was discussion of the next meet up. I am aware of a few October Birthdays and figured we could do another camping and wheeling event to celebrate the best month for b-days with fellow members. I am thinking of camping out at 7 Oaks campground and for trails, running Onyx Summit and Pontiac Sluice. I think early October will be best for weather conditions so as to be warm in the day, but not too cool at night.

So, post up with any interest and if enough people want to participate, I will organize the event.

Date of event is Oct. 11th Through the 13th.

Rules for event

1) NO DRINKING ON TRAIL
2) Recovery points front and rear of Jeep
3) Fire extinguisher within reach of driver and others
4) First aid kit within reach of driver and others
5) CB Radio
6) Spare tire within 2" of tires on Jeep

Attending:

1) Turdhurdler Site # 71
2) BillG.OTD Site # 74
3) XJ Phil
4) JK4thedirt
5) Jerry Bransford Unable to attend
6) Suicide King
7) Lab Lover Site # 80
8) Dougzin
9) JPi1 Site # 79 Unable to attend
10) DTM Site # 73
11) R8DRIZD Unable to attend
12) Rubicon Madness Site # 81
13) Toad Site # 83
14) JeepNDirty
15) Kyle3792 Site #84
16) Rramply Site # 82
17) 530 KTM Day trip Unable to attend
18) GKjeep
19) Zombiehunta666 Day trip
20) ELMOSYJ Site # 82
21) Canyon Dweller Day trip
22) Oceansize Site # 81
23) JeepHerz Day Trip
24) sinisterphoto
25) Live4rah
26) duckrunner
27) MTNGOAT

Jeff

·
Read Only
2,599 Posts
Hey Jeff, actually September is the best month for Bdays :) 7 Oaks is a great location and close by big bear. If people didn't want to stay there it could be a day trip for them.

I think Stan had mentioned putting something together up there also, but I would be down for both so count!

·
Knows a couple things...
49,416 Posts
Sounds good, but I am struggling/unsuccessful at finding a link/website for the 7 Oaks campground in Big Bear. I was reading all about one 7 Oaks campground that was talking about canoeing & river running and thinking that sounded fun until I figured out it was in Iowa lol.

A link to the 7 Oaks campground in San Bernardino would be appreciated, I'd like to see if it has certain amenities (showers, etc.) so I could bring my wife.

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
I'll be there. Not sure if camping or day trip yet.

My birthday is in June, but the Jeep will be 2 years old in October, so close enough! :D

·
Read Only
2,599 Posts
Sounds good, I am struggling/unsuccessful finding a link/website for the 7 Oaks campground in Big Bear. I was reading all about one 7 Oaks campground that was talking about canoeing & river running and thinking that sounded fun until I figured out it was in Iowa lol.

A link to the 7 Oaks campground in San Bernardino would be appreciated, I'd like to see if it has certain amenities (showers, etc.) so I could bring my wife.
That's too funny Jerry. and so true. You are lucky if you can even find a ph # for them. They have RV hook Iups, dry camping and separate bathrooms with showers...they also have a restaurant and bar :)

·
Knows a couple things...
49,416 Posts
That's too funny Jerry. and so true. You are lucky if you can even find a ph # for them. They have RV hook ups, dry camping and separate bathrooms with showers...they also have a restaurant and bar :)
Too cool, thanks Bill!!

Well, we need some way of making reservation... anyone?

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Sounds good, but I am struggling/unsuccessful at finding a link/website for the 7 Oaks campground in Big Bear. I was reading all about one 7 Oaks campground that was talking about canoeing & river running and thinking that sounded fun until I figured out it was in Iowa lol.

I would be suprised if they didn't still have the Motorola Brick phones! Nice family at any rate.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Can we reserve an entire block? We can use tow straps & trees as markers and have Stan or Jeremy be the bouncer. Or make a wagon circle with Rvs. There is a little too much togetherness at 7 Oaks- pretty sure I'd be able to hear the guy 8 spots down picking his nose from my tent. No RV to shield me from the sounds of... nature.
You're welome for the visual. :D

·
I do my own stunts.
3,012 Posts
My Jeep's birthday (build date) is in October, but I don't know at this time what my on-call schedule will be in October, as I'm starting a new job in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My Jeep's birthday (build date) is in October, but I don't know at this time what my on-call schedule will be in October, as I'm starting a new job in a couple of weeks.
You are going to leave the job that always has the parties??? The new offer must be amazing. Congrats.

Jeff

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry bill but early oct is the very best for birthdays.
Early October for sure...
:whistling:Is Oct 6th early enough in the month?:wavey:
We must be twins from another mother, Oct. 6 here also!!!

Yep, October 13th here. Sorry Bill.
Lots of Oct. B-days. Awesome!!!
I'll be there. Not sure if camping or day trip yet.

My birthday is in June, but the Jeep will be 2 years old in October, so close enough! :D
Jeeps have b-days also, this works for me!
Do people still celebrate birthdays after 30?

We'd be up of course but will be out of town Oct. 12th weekend.
Of course I celebrate, just change the event to 20th anniversary of my 20th B-day!!

Nope, 9/11 for me! Lets do it!
Close enough to October, glad to have you involved, Stan.

Jeff

1 - 20 of 545 Posts