Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Week to go! Mother nature has blessed us again with copious amounts of rain again. There should be plenty of mud for our jeeps to exfoliate. Meet at the shell station off I17 and new river road. Less crowded than usual meeting place. Have your people get with my people

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,969 Posts
Meetup time?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Which Shell Station? There are 2 of them on New River Rd.

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts
Planning to attend... We have a 60 person "work" party at my house the following weekend. So I am at the mercy of my wife's approval.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,969 Posts
Got the day off, I'm in. No lockers, so don't make tooo much fun of me if I wimp out on the big rocks. LOL

·
Registered
58 Posts
Family calls, I'm out. Catch you guys on the flip.

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts
Seems like it is going to be a go for me... Also picked up another from FB to join us.

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts
Just 4 of us?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The excursion is upon us. Expect about 6 jeeps or so

9 am at the shell station off I17 and new river. My people will see your people tomorrow

·
Premium Member
3,969 Posts
I don't have any people,

But me and my Tonka-toy will just have to meet your people,

Maybe they can become my people too,

Or you can share and they will be our people,

Which would make them my kind of people,

Then I'd have some people.

See you tomorrow...

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
Sorry I'm not going to be able to make today. Have fun.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A thanks to my peeps who graced me with their presence today. The run was wonderful. No one got stuck. Jeeps didn't sink. More water than I expected, almost to my door.

But I do have some post run carnage. After lunch, I heard something banging from the back of the jeep. Drove fine on the way home, no funkiness. Crawled underneath when I got home, found said source. The RK rear lower trackbar relocation bracket looked a little off. Loosened the nuts for the u-bolt, said piece of bracket and ubolt spun around, jeep shifted over. Yes, I broke the bracket in 2. I have pics for your viewing pleasure.

I've done both terminators, all the obstacles to CK, hackberry trail twice, moab twice and all other sorts of places my parents would not approve of. Never broke the jeep. I do a moderate trail like this one, I break 2 different brackets 2 different runs.

Does TC not like me? Do I skip the easy trails and only do the "OMG WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!" trails? I'm so confused..

Thanks again for going.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
When the lift was installed was it just bolted onto the factory bracket or welded?

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Adam-I have a new one under my bench you are welcome to if you need it.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Bolt on RK relocation bracket

Which one? I'm not doing another bolt on. Thanks.
It's the RK bolt on just like what you had. I didn't use it from my lift kit. Went with Artec weld on instead.

I actually have one of those too that I have been saving to use on my son's 2011 JKR.

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
The RK one (at least when I got my lift kit) could EITHER be bolted on (aka pavement princesses) or welded on (if you actually wheel).

I am surprised yours held out this long just being bolted on.

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
And...how I know this lol. They forgot to weld mine on. After one run did what you did and crawled under the Jeep. Noted said bracket was barely clinging to life... I either have Artec or Synergy now. Whatever it is, its beefy enough that if it comes off pretty certain I have just destroyed the rest of the axle as well lol.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The front lower shock mounts are artec weld on. Broke off the stock one on the same trail. I'll call my jeep mechanic guru tomorrow. He knows I'm not very nice to my jeep, probably suggest the artec weld on. I'm down with that. About $60ish from Northridge 4x4.

After that gets fixed, find the next weak spot. Break. Repair. Repeat...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts