Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran TC last weekend, perusing several side trails to see where they go. Found one that was fun, but blocked by drunk people and a broken toyota. Executive decision was made to turn around and follow regular trail back.

Perused maps upon my return home. Said side trail follows the wash to where the main trail does the last water crossing and then back to bloody basin road. Maps show some "fun" parts along the wash and bypasses around said fun stuff.

here is where said side trail begins: 34.204629, -112.184752
South is the main TC trail. North is the side rail. Loops up and down to the wash. Follows the wash to FR684, which takes us back to bloody basin road.

Meet at the shell station on new river road and I17 at 9?

have your people get my people

on a side note, i have vac to burn up this year or i lose it. Therefore, i have sundays and thursdays off in december. plan accordingly

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Well crud, this Sunday I cannot go, committed to watch the grandkids. But I'll throw this out there... Found a couple TJ guys doing Elvis this Saturday, starting around 1pm. If anyone is interested, I am going to try to go. I'll get details.

Reactions: pc1p

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sounds like a good time I have plans to help my grandparents clean up their yard Sunday but if anything changes I’d love to join. I’m off Sunday and Monday so if this Sunday doesn’t work hopefully we can get a run in soon since you got Sundays off this month!

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,971 Posts
I have too many of my crew on that same "use it or lose it" vacation to get away this weekend either day. I'm using mine the week between christmas and new years if you plan anything then.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Went to Elvis today with 9... Was 8 TJ's and 1 YJ. The YJ broke a motor mount and tore off the oil filter going up the gatekeeper... So about an hour winching them down and I chose to tow them back to the flower pots. Still with a 1:30 start, I got back to the flower pots about 5 and their flatbed showed up at 5:30. After we got them off the obstacle, the rest of the crew went on up the trail. With 9 Jeeps just on that first obstacle, it was taking some time. And there was soo much loose dirt today, lots of seriously built Jeeps had to choose different lines after not making it up on their first couple of tries.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,971 Posts
Went to Elvis today with 9... Was 8 TJ's and 1 YJ. The YJ broke a motor mount and tore off the oil filter going up the gatekeeper... So about an hour winching them down and I chose to tow them back to the flower pots. Still with a 1:30 start, I got back to the flower pots about 5 and their flatbed showed up at 5:30. After we got them off the obstacle, the rest of the crew went on up the trail. With 9 Jeeps just on that first obstacle, it was taking some time. And there was soo much loose dirt today, lots of seriously built Jeeps had to choose different lines after not making it up on their first couple of tries.
Sounds like I picked a good day to stay at work and keep the YJ in the garage...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts