Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Turk,
Tomorrow begins my journey down "improvement road"...mind you, these are mainly things that make it "better" for my wife. (it IS her Jeep) Today was simply paying for the little critter.

Plans include:
Black AEV Pintlers
285/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs (running 35's on the Ram and love em)
Amp research steps
mud flaps f/r
locking flat fuel door
locking hood
weathertech package
grab bars

playing with your third brake light idea with a backup camera in the center....still germinating that one.

Near future:
Poison Spyder front and rear bumper (PIAA 520 up front 510 in the rear- LOVE the bi-color for fog and snow!)
Headlight upgrade (currently - installed hi end sylvania's and regret it)

Last weekend's trip down to the bay on Lake Pend Orielle (overlooking the Cabinet Mts in the background)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Turk,
Tomorrow begins my journey down "improvement road"...mind you, these are mainly things that make it "better" for my wife. (it IS her Jeep) Today was simply paying for the little critter.

Plans include:
Black AEV Pintlers
285/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs (running 35's on the Ram and love em)
Amp research steps
mud flaps f/r
locking flat fuel door
locking hood
weathertech package
grab bars

playing with your third brake light idea with a backup camera in the center....still germinating that one.

Near future:
Poison Spyder front and rear bumper (PIAA 520 up front 510 in the rear- LOVE the bi-color for fog and snow!)
Headlight upgrade (currently - installed hi end sylvania's and regret it)

Last weekend's trip down to the bay on Lake Pend Orielle (overlooking the Cabinet Mts in the background)
Congrats! Are those steps like the Rock-Slide Engineering JK 2007-13, Step Sliders, 2 Door - BD-SS-100-JK2 ?

I really like what you said about the backup camera. That is totally worth a think. I don't have the in-dash screen though... Do they make a backup camera that wires into one of those? If so, I will re-think upgrading my stereo head unit and look into fabbing that up.

Also, I hate you a little bit for having that kind of scenery available to play around in, Indiana isn't that pretty...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Any pics of all the lights on from the cab to see the light pattern?
Don't have any yet, since I still haven't had a warm enough night to get out and actually re-aim the headlights and all the LEDs. They throw off a pretty good amount of light all together, but it will be better once I have had time to aim them properly. I'll try to do that this weekend for you so I can upload a picture on Monday.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Looks nice, do those wheels have 5.75" backspacing? Seems like they extend pretty far beyond the fenders for that much backspacing.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Looks nice, do those wheels have 5.75" backspacing? Seems like they extend pretty far beyond the fenders for that much backspacing.
Nope, they are a 17x9 ET[-12] which means about 4.5" backspacing. I wanted to have enough room to flex them when I finally get her set up the way I want and take her wheeling.

In case you are wondering, they are these wheels:
Mamba M13

·
Registered
928 Posts
Nope, they are a 17x9 ET[-12] which means about 4.5" backspacing. I wanted to have enough room to flex them when I finally get her set up the way I want and take her wheeling.

In case you are wondering, they are these wheels:
Mamba M13
Thanks, did not realize they offered them with different offsets.
Any deals for forum members at TR on wheels and tires? Getting ready to order some 35s on wheels in the next week or so.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is an amazing idea. Love this look all the way around. I ordered my Mambas today and cannot wait til Friday when they're in. Keep the pics and ideas coming. This has been my fav thread to date. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thanks, did not realize they offered them with different offsets.
Any deals for forum members at TR on wheels and tires? Getting ready to order some 35s on wheels in the next week or so.
Sorry I didn't see this post before! No, we don't do any discounts unfortunately. I hope you had some luck with your wheels and tires!

This is an amazing idea. Love this look all the way around. I ordered my Mambas today and cannot wait til Friday when they're in. Keep the pics and ideas coming. This has been my fav thread to date. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! I'm glad you like it! I'm still working on it, have some small stuff going on in a couple weeks. Still trying to figure out if I can buy a winch before I buy a house, but I may have to wait on it...

So far, all the mods have held up well! I want to get some spring retainers because my passenger front spring has rotated a bit. I still need to install the exhaust spacer, diff breathers, and rear sway bar links I've had sitting around for a month. Time is tough to come by, but I'll update when I can!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Had a nice long weekend working on Jeeps with my friend. We did a few other minor projects that aren't mentioned here, but the main things were:

He put on Bushwacker flat fenders and painted his brake calipers (which was more of a pain than he thought, especially when he laid on the paint too thick where the clips needed to go)

I cut the factory fender flares, installed the axle breather extension kit from ARB, removed the rear bumper and drilled the holes for the bolts into the crossmember so I can actually pull with it, and I removed the rear seatbelts and waterproofed the whole rear part of the Jeep. When I removed the seatbelts, there was a gaping hole where they entered the plastic trim at the bottom of the roll cage, so I took some of the leftover fender trimmings and cut it to size, then used silicone sealant to attach it and fill in around it. I'll eventually do some sanding and cleaning up of the edges, but I had to wait until the sealant had completely cured, since it was pretty thick in some places.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Once again, I had forgotten to upload some of the pics from a previous build weekend.
I have the Tuffy Security Enclosure (which is the reason for the waterproofing above) but at night, I can't see inside of it, so I wired in LEDs in the tailgate that come on with the dome light and rock lights.

I also painted the interior silver trim to match the Anvil color.

Attachments

·
Wile E.
1,001 Posts
Turk, were your air vents a brighter silver or more of a gun metal color?
Mine are the gun metal and the plastic surface is more grainy, where i think some of the ones i've seen are smooth. I picked up some touch up paint to do the vent mod but not sure if it'll look right with the grainy surface, and the gun metal looks kinda good.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Awesome work with the shrink wrap!! Folks don't fully appreciate custom electric/electronics until it all shorts out. Great job with the 3rd brake light...love it. In fact, you've now planted the seed for a wee bit of fun come spring!!
Just realizing this was for the spare! Duh. Was wondering how the wires weren't gonna twist up while tires spin w/o some type of "12v power ring". Awesome idea!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Turk, were your air vents a brighter silver or more of a gun metal color?
Mine are the gun metal and the plastic surface is more grainy, where i think some of the ones i've seen are smooth. I picked up some touch up paint to do the vent mod but not sure if it'll look right with the grainy surface, and the gun metal looks kinda good.
Originally, they were the brighter silver color. I'm not sure how grainy yours are, but mine turned out pretty nicely with a coat of primer and a few coats of the anvil spray paint, then some engine enamel clear coat.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
This past weekend, I finally put on a winch! I got the Smittybilt X20 10,000lb wireless winch with synthetic line awhile ago, but just now got around to installing it. I also have started work on the exhaust, but that's going to take time to get right since I'm not doing a prebuilt kit.
50" light bar should arrive tonight, but who knows when I'll have time to install it.

Attachments

·
Wile E.
1,001 Posts
Nice! Supposed to be a pretty good winch. I was looking at that one and the XRC 9500lb 2nd gen synthetic but ended up with a Superwinch TigerShark 9500RS (syn) from their Labor Day sale last month. Too good a deal to pass up. When you get to use it let us know how it performs. I only used mine to spool the line up so far, but it worked! Liking the red fairlead too. Great looking rig man.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Thanks man! I appreciate it! The fairlead came in silver, but I painted it with the same can of red engine enamel and clearcoat that I used on several other red accents on my rig.

I finally got my 50" light bar installed, I've been waiting on getting one of these ever since I first saw them. Love it!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
The mounting brackets only had mounts for 1 set of windshield mounted LED cubes, but I had some random bracketry laying around and I improvised. It seemed easier than un-wiring the second set of lights up there.

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
Love the red springs - Any chance you could post a better picture of the Anvil Jeep with Red seat covers? I have an Anvil JKU and have been thinking about red trek covers but not sure how it's gonna look

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Love the red springs - Any chance you could post a better picture of the Anvil Jeep with Red seat covers? I have an Anvil JKU and have been thinking about red trek covers but not sure how it's gonna look
Thanks!
I will say though, that I almost wish I would have gotten the black seat covers with the red trim/piping, I think that would have looked classier on the JK. The advantage of the red though, is that it doesn't store heat in the way that black seat covers would.
Here are the pictures I found that show the seat covers. If you need a better one, I can try to get a different one if you would like. Let me know!

Attachments

21 - 40 of 170 Posts