Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Wow, Turk....your jeep looks awesome! You seem to be very talented with the electrical stuff, too.

I've also decided on red accents for my black Rubi. But on that Anvil color, the red looks great!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Those trek armors do look Awesome :thumb:
Thanks! I'm pleased with the lack of color fade they show after a whole summer of being exposed, these guys make a quality product!

Wow, Turk....your jeep looks awesome! You seem to be very talented with the electrical stuff, too.

I've also decided on red accents for my black Rubi. But on that Anvil color, the red looks great!
Thanks! I took it upon myself to learn to solder just so I could do these kinds of projects, definitely worth it. I like to tinker around with easy stuff, so the LEDs were a fun project.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nice ride Turk. I really like the rear bumper and tire carrier you added. Looking forward to taking delivery of my Jeep (Anvil) next week.

Which 50" light bar did you end up going with and what front bumper is on the black Jeep?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Nice ride Turk. I really like the rear bumper and tire carrier you added. Looking forward to taking delivery of my Jeep (Anvil) next week.

Which 50" light bar did you end up going with and what front bumper is on the black Jeep?
Thanks! The ACE rear bumper and tire carrier are great! I was glad I was able to weld in tabs for the $100 lights instead of having to order it with the $400 lights they want to sell you when you order it.

The 50" bar is a $100 deal found on Amazon, thanks to a user on this forum:
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/50-inch-for-100-bucks-871489.html

The front bumper is an eBay special as I recall. My buddy that owns it loves eBay and loves going to eBay while intoxicated... The bumper turned out pretty solid though! The LEDs that came in it have a short somewhere though, because a few of the diodes in each light have started to go out (but occasionally come back on). He has started learning to solder as well, so he can fix that problem.

Good luck on your Jeep! Waiting on delivery of a new one is excruciating!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Pictures for a special request

A user here PM'd me for more info on the SPOD and Rugged Ridge A-pillar switch panel wiring with my lights. I couldn't figure out how to attach pictures to a PM, so I told them I would post here.

Pictures as requested:

1. Where the wires come through from the windshield to the engine bay, along with the battery cut-off switch I put in for my winch out of paranoia.

2. My rat's nest of wires from all the rock lights and LEDs I have mounted going into the SPOD.

3. The back of the rat's nest where the wires either go down under the Jeep, across the engine bay, or through the firewall

4. I'm hoping this is easy enough to see, but here you can see where the lights on the driver's side go into the top vent panel on the hood (old light brackets).

5. Sorry for the blurry picture, but this is where I ran the wires into the vent panel on the hood.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Did you run into any driveline issues?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Did you run into any driveline issues?
Funny you should ask, actually... I'm having a new front driveshaft put in tomorrow. It drives fine, but I noticed a little while ago that the front driveshaft had split the boot where it enters the transfer case, and I knew it was going to happen, so I got an upgrade rather than just having the dealer warranty it.

I was going to do it myself, but found it to be a bit too daunting...

I got this one:
Coast JK 1310 Front Drive Shaft

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Cool! I love the look. Same lift height and tires I'm looking at. Just different colors. Sweet build man!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Thanks! Having the time of my life building it, I just wish I had more time to get off road, there's nothing within 2 hours of where I live, aside from a friend's cornfield that we will be using for powersledding once the snow decides to finally show up...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Thanks! Having the time of my life building it, I just wish I had more time to get off road, there's nothing within 2 hours of where I live, aside from a friend's cornfield that we will be using for powersledding once the snow decides to finally show up...
Lol.... Me too.... Closest dirt road is 2 hours..... Gotta move...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Lol.... Me too.... Closest dirt road is 2 hours..... Gotta move...
I either need to move or just find some of that "spare time" stuff that everyone talks about so I can actually take a weekend trip to either Silver Lake, MI or the Badlands down in central IN.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I either need to move or just find some of that "spare time" stuff that everyone talks about so I can actually take a weekend trip to either Silver Lake, MI or the Badlands down in central IN.
I keep on wishing for a zombie apocalypse..... so I can do more wheeling...... Is that selfish?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 · (Edited)
i keep on wishing for a zombie apocalypse..... So i can do more wheeling...... Is that selfish?
Oh man, I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Great build Turk, very nice. Post some shots with every single light on - I bet that turns the night into day!
My phone camera doesn't seem to capture the lights at night very well... I've tried but the camera adjusts itself and dims the lights. They are bright though, that's for sure!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
This weekend, I had several projects to do, some of which I even completed!
I started with the following list to install:
-Performance Stability Steering Attenuator
-Heated seat pads to go under the seat covers (under $60 on Amazon!)
-Synergy Rear Lower Control Arms
-Rear sway bar end links (have had for almost a year, and never seem to have time to install them)
-A switch that I have deemed "the a$$h*le button"- momentary switch for the reverse lights so I can flash my "brights" at the jerks that tailgate me to let them know they are following too closely.
-Still working on fixing my initial wiring of rock lights that was a bit spotty.

I finished the steering piece, seat heaters, light switch, and some of the rock lights. I did paint the rear LCAs red, but didn't get them finished in time to install them (or the sway bar end links). I also Plasti-Dipped the hood and door hinges black, but my skills are lacking and the edges aren't all that clean in some places. It looks great though!

The main project was chopping the stock fenders and front bumper on my friend's 2015 JKS. He just got it a month or two ago and is preparing for a lift and wheels/tires.

Steering Attenuator:
Auto part Machine Pipe

Hood hinges are now black! Not pictured: door hinges and trail rated badge also black now.
Machine

Buddy's first time cutting on the new Jeep- only 1500 miles on it!
Gun

Buddy's stock setup and chopped front fenders fitting my front wheels and tires (315/70-17 tires with 17x9 ET-12 wheels):
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Finished fender chop on buddy's 2015 JKS with my Jeep behind it:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

41 - 60 of 170 Posts