Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

61 - 80 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Got my JCR Crusader rockers on a week or two ago and just haven't had time to wash her up and get a good picture until now. Bought them bare steel and had them powder coated (fo' free!) and got all the nerve-racking holes drilled into the body, and everything mounted up beautifully!
02.17.2015 smaller.jpg

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
Got some new wheels on last Friday!
I wanted to test clearance before I started posting pictures because the wheels aren't a full 4.5" backspacing and I was worried that my 315/70-17s would rub, but I was able to flex it out and it didn't rub! Very close tolerances, but acceptable enough!
03-13-2015 small.jpg

03-13-2015(2)small.jpg

03-14-2015 jeep on jeep smaller.jpg

For the record, they are 17x8.5 ET0 Method Roost in bronze

·
Wile E.
1,001 Posts
Got some new wheels on last Friday!
I wanted to test clearance before I started posting pictures because the wheels aren't a full 4.5" backspacing and I was worried that my 315/70-17s would rub, but I was able to flex it out and it didn't rub! Very close tolerances, but acceptable enough!

For the record, they are 17x8.5 ET0 Method Roost in bronze
Those look sweet man! First I've seen those on any Jeep. Well played sir.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Those look sweet man! First I've seen those on any Jeep. Well played sir.
Thanks! I actually think I might be the first Jeep with these on them, aside from maybe Method's build at SEMA... I got word that we were getting them at Tire Rack and I was first in line to get a set! I did this not only because they're sweet, but also because they aren't the standard 17x9 ET-12 and I was concerned that I wouldn't have enough clearance with 4.75" of backspacing. I am pretty excited that it all clears though!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thanks! I actually think I might be the first Jeep with these on them, aside from maybe Method's build at SEMA... I got word that we were getting them at Tire Rack and I was first in line to get a set! I did this not only because they're sweet, but also because they aren't the standard 17x9 ET-12 and I was concerned that I wouldn't have enough clearance with 4.75" of backspacing. I am pretty excited that it all clears though!
HOLLY Crap do I love those - What a risk pulling the trigger on Bronze but it looks great on anvil!!!! Sorry Turk but I might be the first Anvil to copy you!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
HOLLY Crap do I love those - What a risk pulling the trigger on Bronze but it looks great on anvil!!!! Sorry Turk but I might be the first Anvil to copy you!
You have my full support! I love the look, and I'd love to see others with the same look!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #72

·
Registered
32 Posts
I love those wheels. In fact, I currently have a set on order.

Quick questions: do they require anything interesting in terms of the lug nuts? I see you have aftermarket, but would the stock ones work? Also, does a standard lug nut socket work, or do you need something like the thin walled AEV extenstion adapter to avoid damaging the wheel?

Thanks,

- Ryan

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I love those wheels. In fact, I currently have a set on order.

Quick questions: do they require anything interesting in terms of the lug nuts? I see you have aftermarket, but would the stock ones work? Also, does a standard lug nut socket work, or do you need something like the thin walled AEV extenstion adapter to avoid damaging the wheel?

Thanks,

- Ryan
I got mine at Tire Rack and they came with free lug nuts and the lug adapter required. I definitely need the adapter, I put a small chip in one wheel when I went to retorque my lugs after install because I thought I could do it without. Here are the specs on the lugs I got per the invoice:
Conical seat, 1/2in 34UL 35TL 19H Closed-end
The adapter is a 19/21 to 19mm lug adapter
I am terrible at understanding lug specs, so that's all I got, lol. I know the stock ones will not work though.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I saw on here somewhere that someone welded up a hitch bar that went back several feet, then straight up and was used as a support for a hammock where the other end was hooked to the roll cage. I fell in love with the idea of attaching a hammock to the Jeep, but I didn't have the real estate in the back (permanent trunk) so I had to figure out how to get it all behind the Jeep, and I've been working feverishly the last few nights to try and get a prototype for my Jeep hammock hitch working. Finally got it load-bearing last night! I plan on making the supports out of metal, but I have to source some good steel that will work as a telescoping mechanism so it can all collapse and break down for easy transportation in my 2-door.
But, for now, I present the Hitch Hammock! (name might still need some tweaking)
20150401_234243.jpg

20150401_234312.jpg

20150401_234321.jpg

20150401_234931.jpg

20150401_235025.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
-I hated that Rancho rear bumper due to the pin that held in the tire carrier, so I ordered the ACE rear bumper. I got the light provisions, but didn't want to spend $400 on the rear lights they sell for it. So I bought two of the Hella Optilux 6-LED Mini Light Bars for 1/4 the price and had a friend with a welder come help me fab mounting brackets for them out of angle iron and weld them in. Unfortunately I didn't get pictures of the tabs for some reason, but I'll try to remember to take some when I take the bumper back off to put in the crossmember bolts I forgot to install due to no instructions coming with the bumper. It is currently held on to the frame with just the 4 frame rail bolts, so no towing for me until I fix that. The end result was beautiful though! The welding did melt out some of the powder coating on the other side of the bumper, but with a few more coats of bedliner spray, they won't be as noticeable. I watched the install video the next day to try to figure out what size bolt holds on the rear tire carrier, because I didn't have a socket that big and no wrench fits in there. The video said it was a 3/4" bolt, but it failed to mention that you'll need a 27mm socket to tighten it down so you can grease it. Overall, awesome product, but I wish it had written instructions with necessary wrench sizes.
[

Did you have to grind the frame rails to get the lights to fit?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Did you have to grind the frame rails to get the lights to fit?
I don't think I had to, but I do remember it being a tight fit, so I can see how variations in manufacturing might make that necessary.

61 - 80 of 170 Posts