Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
81 - 100 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Thanks guys and/or girls!

I doubled the rubber hose for the slingshot, we were only getting about 100 yards with the single strand pulled all the way back. With 2 strands, we got the same range with much less pull in the test we did last night, but it was just in my yard so we couldn't get full launch. I'll try to test it again this weekend for sure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This weekend, I had several projects to do, some of which I even completed!
I started with the following list to install:
-Performance Stability Steering Attenuator
-Heated seat pads to go under the seat covers (under $60 on Amazon!)
-Synergy Rear Lower Control Arms
-Rear sway bar end links (have had for almost a year, and never seem to have time to install them)
-A switch that I have deemed "the a$$h*le button"- momentary switch for the reverse lights so I can flash my "brights" at the jerks that tailgate me to let them know they are following too closely.
-Still working on fixing my initial wiring of rock lights that was a bit spotty.

I finished the steering piece, seat heaters, light switch, and some of the rock lights. I did paint the rear LCAs red, but didn't get them finished in time to install them (or the sway bar end links). I also Plasti-Dipped the hood and door hinges black, but my skills are lacking and the edges aren't all that clean in some places. It looks great though!

The main project was chopping the stock fenders and front bumper on my friend's 2015 JKS. He just got it a month or two ago and is preparing for a lift and wheels/tires.

Steering Attenuator:
View attachment 1845033

Hood hinges are now black! Not pictured: door hinges and trail rated badge also black now.
View attachment 1845041

Buddy's first time cutting on the new Jeep- only 1500 miles on it!
View attachment 1845049

Buddy's stock setup and chopped front fenders fitting my front wheels and tires (315/70-17 tires with 17x9 ET-12 wheels):
View attachment 1845057

Finished fender chop on buddy's 2015 JKS with my Jeep behind it:
View attachment 1845065
How'd you paint the hinges and badge black?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I still need to do my hood hinges. Door hinges are done. Looks good tho!

·
Registered
19 Posts
That was just Frog Tape and Plasti-Dip!
Did you just tape around those areas and then spray right on? Sorry, I'm new to plastidip. Bought a few bottles and read and watched some videos that showed spraying being done right over the area without worrying about over spray. I know the dip should be able to be peeled right off but it still makes me nervous spraying my new Anvil! Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
I did tape around the areas and spray on. I did it this winter, late at night in the garage, after a few beers... When I looked closely this spring, I noticed a bunch of overspray around the last couple spots I dipped. I luckily found it while I was using a clay bar already, so it was nice to be able to take it right off. The stuff peels pretty well if it has a couple coats on it, and I'm no expert so I waited until it was dry to peel the tape off and the lines aren't great. I was told afterward that you should peel the tape while the dip is still a little wet. Plasti dip really does come off easily, even windex takes it off, but they do sell dip dissolver if you need it though.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Badlands Off Road Park, Attica, IN 5/3/2015

Went wheeling with @RandomAg this weekend, and both Jeeps performed very well! I need a GoPro for the next trip so I can take more pictures and video, but I got some pretty good ones.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Off-roading

Vehicle Jeep Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

Vehicle Automotive tire Off-road vehicle Car Jeep

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Tire Rack wanted to use my Jeep to feature the new Method Roost wheels I have for the Inside Track Magazine summer 2015 edition, and I am told it will be on the cover! Here are some proofs
Land vehicle Vehicle Jeep Tire Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

Land vehicle Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Off-roading
Photo credit for these images: © 2015 Tire Rack

·
Wile E.
1,001 Posts
Tire Rack wanted to use my Jeep to feature the new Method Roost wheels I have for the Inside Track Magazine summer 2015 edition, and I am told it will be on the cover! Here are some proofs

Photo credit for these images: © 2015 Tire Rack
That's awesome, congrats man!

·
Registered
107 Posts
You know ... I see the bronze Roosts on other Anvils and they look eh .. maybe you should have went black .. but then I see yours and everytime I do .. Im like DAMN BRONZE looks AWESOME! Somehow every pic you take looks wicked with them on ...

Love the build man .. i freakin cant decide on which roost to get :/

81 - 100 of 170 Posts