Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Hey Turk! Did you have any rubbing issues at full turn when you ran the Methods? I assume you didn't run any spacers with them. Thanks!
Funny story actually, I did end up installing H&R 30mm spacers before I got the 37s because I was afraid they would rub without me lifting it further. It required me to shorten the rear lug studs by a few mm, but they have been working great since!
When I had the 35s, I did not need spacers for the Method Roost and had no rubbing.
With the 37s, I still had to hammer back a bit of the rear wheel wells so they wouldn't cut up the tires at full stuff, but otherwise it's got plenty of clearance!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
New Puppy, New Cargo Area

I have gotten her dirty with the 37s, and here's proof she flexes.
ALSO
I took out the overhead rack in the back. It just wasn't cutting it for me with the dog, let alone the second puppy we just got. So I built a low deck in the rear and carpeted it, then picked up the Rugged Ridge cargo nets to keep them both inside the Jeep. Love it so far!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
I had a bit of rubbing in the rear at full stuff, so I ripped off the rear fenders, got out the 2lb hammer, and went to work. I think the results were great!

Went wheeling with my Dad and his newly finished TJ, along with two other friends in Jeeps. It was a blast!
Roof Beam

Vehicle door Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tire Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Off-roading

Off-roading Regularity rally Vehicle Off-road vehicle Trail

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Your Jeep looks great Turk and so capable! Love seeing it flex. How's the steering with the 37's, feel any need to upgrade steering box(PSC)? What gears are you running?

-Steven

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Thanks @Buildit! Still running the stock 4.10 gears, and the steering really isn't too bad. I would go to hydro assist before replacing the steering box as a straight upgrade, unless my stock steering takes a crap first. I would like to make the jump to 4.88 gears (and truss while I'm at it), but honestly with the Rubi xfer case and the 4.10 gears with the 6 speed, this thing crawls quite well, despite the 37s! And I can still use 6th on the highway, believe it or not!

I need to check DS clearance in the front, but I think I'm going to install the metal cloak shock extensions (bought them awhile ago on a free shipping day, haven't decided if I will use them yet or not) and rework the suspension for a bit more travel. At full stuff on the front passenger side, my YETI drag link was hitting my frame so I temporarily installed an inch more bumpstop (hockey puck) on the passenger side. I plan on getting a steel tube and cutting it into a "halfpipe" and frenching that into the frame at the drag link to regain my uptravel and remove the puck.

I have the EVO ProTek skids at home too, just haven't had the time to install them yet.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Finally got my EVO ProTek skid system installed!
This past weekend, I also did an oil change, tire rotation, washed the wheels and tires, fixed the poorly hung exhaust situation, retorqued most things, de-rusting, painting, removed the "whistle holes" from my s*ittybilt stinger, wired in my PA speaker, and removed the front fenders!

It was a busy garage weekend!
Vehicle Auto part Car Suspension

Tire Automobile repair shop Automotive tire Vehicle Auto part

161 - 170 of 170 Posts