Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, Last year I decided since all 4 of our boys have cracked up my Wrangler to redo my wrangler 4 hubby.
I tore her down to nothing. Here I m a year later and over heard hubby telling one of the boys " yeah, I don't think the jeep project will be finished.....
So not only did i complete the redo, Raptor coated, painted engine bay and roll bars. Reassembled, rewired upgraded led taillights, headlights. shes running like a champ......
Getting ready for Pa inspection and electrical gremlins crept in No turns, hazards, and headlights random....
Replaced 40 amp fuse/breaker replaced multi function turn signal, and led resister.... still random headlights, no turn signal or hazards.
Yet the tail light are fine except turn hazards.....
PLEASE HELP about to take her o:pcwhack: that is.....

·
Registered
392 Posts
What Model Year?

It's hard diagnose these failed lighting mods, only you know which wires you cut and the parts you used.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
04 jeep wrangler 2 dr. unlimited. Didnt cut any wires except tail lights to rewire into plugs, they work fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I fished wire harness from head lights turn hazards or out. Yes i did the shake test, power at turn n running, no blinking though. Random headlight n no high beams.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE.... My thoughts were it has to be a ground.... I pulled front wiring harness once again.... As i inspected some of the connectors were corroded. Yes i took them apart cleaned, reassemble and greased. I also conberted side marker sockets for LEDs. Here is a labled complete front wiring harness.The crumbled 20 pin conector, new one on order from amazon (doorman), the new MCU, and new resistor for LED.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jeep update wiring issues. So i once again pulled wiring harness found a faulty ground wire. Fixed still random work not work. Old relay, new relay. Ordered a resister for running lights installed, yes led bulbs in correctly.
I gave up on led running turn lights put original hd bulbs put old resister in all lights function as they should, except when i turn on headlights i get hyper flash..... Yes, i have buolt in and added resisters on them but not on taillights. 4 now going to live with it. I do have more resisters ready to install but 4 now here in the Poconos pa its firewood time and i have 9 cords to split n stack. Thank everyone who helped me with this build.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Have you checked the wiring for the trailer plug? My turns/hazards/etc.. kept blowing/randomly working. I found the wiring back there was cut and hitting metal. Then I taped and tucked them, did it again about 1 year later... rubber bouncing on metal wore another hole, metal hit again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts