Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the horn sound when you lock your doors via remote? I've got an 09 Sahara and found instructions in the manual to turn on/off the lights when you hit the remote, but would really like to shut off the horn sounder. Anyone know?

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
^ yep it's in the manual too. Jeeps not here now or I'd give you the page number. It was driving me crazy too ... much better now :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I must be blined... it's probably right infront of my face and I don't see it in the manual. Damn... I'll find it. I'll just give the stupid book to my wife, she'll find it in 30 seconds.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Let us know if you don't find it, I will dig it up for ya. I did mine right away, and somehow it came back. I guess I got to reprogram it. Noticed the seat belt warning came back, too. What's up with that? The program going back to default:mad:

Bob

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Page 21, under the heading "To Lock Doors and Swing Gate"

·
Registered
366 Posts
i dont have your problem cause i have no auto door lock but on a kinda related subject i think is when i try to disable the esp i do what the manual says step by step and every time it doesnt work i wonder if there is something wrong with some computers not accepting some codes or some thing i dunno just a geuss im going in to get my free oil change soon and i will ask them about my problem and jks in general about having problems with accepting codes see what i can turn up.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Thanks... so it says to hold the "lock" button on the key for at least 4 seconds than press the panic button and release. Well that doesn't work for me. Has anyone had success with this?
It worked just fine for me. I just tried it again and it will just toggle the feature on and off when following the procedure.

Are you continuing to hold down the "lock" button, when then pressing the "panic" button? If so, I guess it's something to put on the warranty fix list.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont have your problem cause i have no auto door lock but on a kinda related subject i think is when i try to disable the esp i do what the manual says step by step and every time it doesnt work i wonder if there is something wrong with some computers not accepting some codes or some thing i dunno just a geuss im going in to get my free oil change soon and i will ask them about my problem and jks in general about having problems with accepting codes see what i can turn up.
Let me know what they say about the computer theory.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It worked just fine for me. I just tried it again and it will just toggle the feature on and off when following the procedure.

Are you continuing to hold down the "lock" button, when then pressing the "panic" button? If so, I guess it's something to put on the warranty fix list.

I just went out and tried it again. I hold the lock button for about 4 or 5 seconds, then press panic. The horn sounds once when I do that and that's it. It continues to sound when I use the remote & it's getting annoying. LOL

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
That's weird, my horn never blows when I lock my door. I'd be pretty concerned if it did.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I guess I don't see the big deal in the horn or lights being activated to confirm the arming code instruction. Or is it just me? My Mercedes doesn't "honk", but it does have visual confirmation and tucks its mirrors in. My Porsche also had visual confirmation. I would still like some acknowlegement.

·
Registered
494 Posts
^Personally I think the lights flashing is a good confirmation, but also feel the horn beeping is kinda rude. I did program it not to beep, but the jeep seems to have gone into default mode with that and the seat belt warning.

Bob

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I guess my JEEP is just the odd one that doesn't accept this code. I am able to disable the lights flash (but I turned it back on, only disabled to see if it would take). The Horn still honks when I lock, and it drives me up the wall. I've installed an aftermarket 100watt firetruck horn/PA system which is hilarious, however, before anyone says that is the reason why its not accepting the code, I've put the factory horn back in and same thing. I hold down the lock for 4-10 seconds, then press panic (still while holding the lock) when I release both buttons I get a honk which I assume is telling me its programmed or something but the horn still sounds on "lock". I've done it numerous times with both transmitters and sometimes I get the beep confirmation sound and sometimes I don't.

I am going to the dealer tomorrow to pickup something and am going to ask them to figure it out becuase often getting home late at night, the HONK is really annoying when all is so quiet in my neighborhood.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
I just lock the car from the lock button inside the car when I arrive home between 11:00PM and 5:00AM to prevent neighbor disruptions.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I just lock the car from the lock button inside the car when I arrive home between 11:00PM and 5:00AM to prevent neighbor disruptions.
Late night problem solved ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just joined the forum to find the answer to this same question, how to shut off the horn. I don't want to wake my neighbors when I get home at night, and my goal with buying my second jeep is to get out of the city where there are no horns honking. This is what worked for me with my 2009 Rubicon, you need to hold the lock key for 4 seconds, don't release it while pushing and releasing the panic button once. It worked! I am crazy about my jeeps, I also have a 1983 CJ 5 that is the proverbial garage find that is for top off back roading around my cabin in Idaho...dont know what it is about a Jeep? They just make me smile.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts