Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 SE - when I use the turn signal arm I have to turn it off after making my turn. The turning of the steering wheel back to straight does not reset the arm to "off", should it?

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Chances are it's a broken canceling actuator in the turn signal switch. It's a little lever that hangs out the right side of the switch that is triggered by cancelling cams within the steering column. You will most likely need to replace the turn signal (multi-function) switch. It's a pretty easy job.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Jeep Wrangler TJ Factory Multi Function Turn Signal Switch 97 00 Stock J3 | eBay is it the little white post that sticking out there on the right?
You can get them out of dodge neons in junkyards for 15 bucks. :). I did so recently On my 2000. 2001 is different. You should be good With a 98'.

You need a long Phillips to rob the neon. Check it under your steering column first. Yours needs more stuff removed to get the column off the neon just a long Phillips. No dash interference or torx dust covers like the jeep.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts