Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I changed out speedo with one from ebay and similar mileage count to get a functioning trip gage on this 1990 YJ 4 banger. New/used speedo and trip gage work fine, but now the turn signal indicator dash lights don't. The turn signals work fine. Have a green and white wire connection hanging loose and don't see what it plugs into if it ever did. Any suggestions ?

The two bottom pics are the speedo wire connection.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,909 Posts
The FSM wiring diagram is calling for a green wire and a white wire to your left speaker. I would start there. I cant remember what the connector is supposed to look like. For your signals, I would check the plug at the back of your indicator lights clean the contacts and ribbon (Carefully) and reassemble with a little Dielectric grease, also check the connection on the plug at the base of the steering column.

Every time I take an electrical connection apart I clean the connections with an emery board or sandpaper to expose fresh metal, shoot it with circuit board cleaner and put a little grease in the connections. Seems to be helping eliminate a lot of intermittent electrical problems.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you much, Got it at last.
this morning I fumbled with the ribbon wiring and the indicator lights popped on. The green /white connection makes sense for the left speaker but currently do not have a radio. When the time comes for a new radio system, I would think the installer would use their own wire harness for a new system. Wouldn't that be the best approach for a new radio?

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,909 Posts
Glad you got your indicators back

1 - 4 of 4 Posts