Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 yj rio grande and I am having a big problem with my turn signals. When i go to put either my right or left turn signal on the light on the dash just stays steady orange and does not blink. The turn signals on the outside do the same thing they just stay steady on no blinking. Sometimes it will start to work for a little while then it will just keep doing the same thing again. The hazards flash fine. I just started having this problem when it started to get cold out. I already tried changing the relay but it kept doing the same thing. What could be causing this and how do i fix it?

Thanks

·
Sporticus
276 Posts
check your grounding wires??? did you install any light gaurds or whatnot???

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Actually had very similiar issue last week-posted on here to get ideas and someone mentioned trailer wire harness-which got me thinking about how that would/could be a problem. Remembered that I had a 3rd stoplight plugged into my trailer harness-and yes it was the problem. I unplugged it and threw it away-no more steady light turn signal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just started having this problem when it started to get cold out. When i got the jeep the left passenger side fender signal had very short wires on it and they were cut and not plugged into anything so i taped that turn signal wire into the front left one could that have something to do with it?

·
Registered
444 Posts
my 95 rio grande had the same problem with the left signal. It just stayed on but the right one worked fine. I also noticed the light above the spare tire did not work. Someone on here (navycheif) had me look at the two metal "pins" that are on the tub near the tail gate. They were covered by carpet, I removed the carpet and then cleaned the pins and all those problems went away.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
when you say you replaced the relay do you mean you replaced the flasher ?
try switching the turn flasher and emergency flasher with each other and see if that works . you may of just got a bad one.

·
Registered
958 Posts
jroth92 said:
I have a 1995 yj rio grande and I am having a big problem with my turn signals. When i go to put either my right or left turn signal on the light on the dash just stays steady orange and does not blink. The turn signals on the outside do the same thing they just stay steady on no blinking. Sometimes it will start to work for a little while then it will just keep doing the same thing again. The hazards flash fine. I just started having this problem when it started to get cold out. I already tried changing the relay but it kept doing the same thing. What could be causing this and how do i fix it?

Thanks
Make sure ur flasher relay is getting a ground to it as if I'm not mistaken that's what's actually being regulated. Use a volt meter. Ur signal switch harness is the long skinny one coming from the steering column. Make sure that's kosher. No oxidation or frayed wires. Hope it helps

·
Registered
338 Posts
last several times i had issue it was a bulb issue... just bc a bulb is working for parking lights doesnt mean bulb is good...for me my front turn signal was [email protected] least that part of bulb though parking worked fine.. changed bulb and problem solved.

·
Registered
51 Posts
hey i had the same problem. turns out i had a tail light that was out and as soon as i replaced the lightbuld the problem went away. Try just changing your bulbs and it might fix it.

Good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am havin this issue right now, hazards work, left turn just stays on, where is the relay located that everyone is referencing?

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
DLucchese said:
I am havin this issue right now, hazards work, left turn just stays on, where is the relay located that everyone is referencing?
The flasher is under the drivers side dash. Top left corner in the fuse box. Top left is turn signal flasher and top right is hazard flasher.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having the problem with my 95 wrangler that the right signal works but the left stays steady on. I read the comment above about the two pins on the tub near the tail gate and was wondering if someone can give me a little better detail on where those are at? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
All those pins do is transfer power to the third brake light instead of a wire that would get ripped out.
Check your front and rear lamps with the left signal on. Most likely, one is burned out and wont allow enough power to flow through the flasher to heat up the element that causes the flasher to flash.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I'm new to the forum. My 95' wrangler has the same issue. Left signal is dead and right one works intermittently. The dash arrows stays on and the flashers work on everything except the front/left signal.
I bought a new flasher and that didn't fix the problem. It appears there is a relay and a flasher? The relay is the square module that plugs in next to the flasher? I haven't replaced this and wanted to confirm. Please advise.
Cliff out

1 - 19 of 19 Posts