Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There...

Just wondering if anyone has any information on this... When I turn on my headlights and fog lights in my 2008 JK Wrangler, and use the signal arm to show I am turning, the lights on the dash and radio go dim. Sometimes it will turn on the dome lights when I use the signal switch. Also the dash dimmer part of the switch does not turn the lights up or down and when I click it all the way to turn on the dome lights, they wont turn on either (But they do work when I open the doors.)

Is this just a switch problem or has it been known for some wiring harness issues with this model?

Thanks
Shirley

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Shirley, Welcome Aboard! :wavey: Sounds like a worn out TSS or loose harness where the switch plugs in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also I been looking online to find directions on replacing this turn signal arm switch... Does anyone have a link I can use? I think I found one but sounds more complicated then I think it to be. For the $50 it costs for the part I think I am going to change it and see if that stops the problem... if not then I have to find another source to the battery drainage!

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Thanks for the welcome :)

Would this also drain the battery?
If the switch was causing the lights, turn signals, etc to stay on yes it would drain the battery. If you still have the original battery, it too could be on its last legs.

Also I been looking online to find directions on replacing this turn signal arm switch... Does anyone have a link I can use? I think I found one but sounds more complicated then I think it to be. For the $50 it costs for the part I think I am going to change it and see if that stops the problem... if not then I have to find another source to the battery drainage!
Will dig around and see if I can come up with directions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts