Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have read numerous post talking about this problem but none of the posts are giving me the information that I need.

The information I have is...
1994 YJ
  • Break Lights work
  • Head lights work
  • Dash is Illuminated
  • Turn Signal staying in place if I move it up or down
  • Have replace the signal fuse but it looked normal
  • Turn signal doesn't work
    • Signal doesn't appear on Dash
    • Signal does not occur on in the rear or the front

Most of the post I have read are telling me I should change my mutifunction switch but that part is $170 and the other alternatives will lead me down a rabbit whole, which I can do but I want to make sure it's the right thing. I am not the best mechanic (I am an IT person) but I am willing to try anything and am pretty good with my hands. If you could please give me some ideas about what it could be but also let me know which part/parts I will need because that's one of the most confusing parts of this.

Thank you for any help you can give,
Ryan McDaniel

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was able to get the turn signal to work, I figured out my problem was the fuse box under the dash is starting to get old and isn't seating the fuses properly. What can I do about this? (can I replace the whole box or something else)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a great question, I have been looking for a name of the box for the last 30 minutes. It's the box that has all of my lighting fuses and the flashers.

Is there a proper name of this box?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Turn signal not staying

My boyfriend just recently bought a 1994 jeep wrangler yj and when he goes to push the turn signal up or down (left or right) it doesn't go straight down or stay. You have to kind of find its sweet spot and pull it down or up and toward you at the same time, which that doesn't always work either and will some times turn the brights on. We don't think it's the wiring because when you do find its sweet spot it shows that the turn signal is on, so he was thinking it might just be the lever that isn't working correctly..we aren't really sure what's wrong though.

·
Super Moderator
15,024 Posts
Ryan, I have had issues where the spade fuse does not stay secure in its place in the fuse block. My cure for this is to put a SLIGHT twist in the spade of the fuse. It is a little difficult to insert the fuse in its slot but once I did this I haven't had any more problems. This might save you the brain damage of switching your fuse block.
Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.