Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is a good place to go to get a Jeep turned into a toad (to tow behind an RV)?
I'm thinking of a maximus 3 tow loops (to keep weight down), invisibrake, a wiring harness and appropriate tow bar (and adapter for the tow loops).

Possible options I've seen online for Jeep mod places are:
johns4x4
built4fun4x4
allseasons4x4
are they my best options to try for this?

·
Premium Member
2014 JKUR
234 Posts
While those shops listed are good 4wd shops, you might consider talking to an RV shop for this...it's perhaps more up their alley. Try one like Windish or Transwest that deals in class a or c rvs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
My preference was someone who knows Jeeps as they will be doing wiring through the jeep... but I'm starting to think you are right... one of those Jeep places has gotten back to me and said they haven't done any toad work.
The problem with the RV place that we bought the RV from is that they take forever to do anything... we put it in for warranty service in October and they are still waiting for parts (at least they say they now have all the parts and done the install from our August 2020 service, where they didn't get the parts in a month before our next trip)!

I'll try some of the options you are suggesting, thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just need to vent...
Talked to one of the recommended RV places today.

1) They wanted me to get an air force one for my class c, even though the air force one requires air brakes.
2) They won't work on the Jeep unless I bought the RV from them.

I'll keep looking...

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Just need to vent...
Talked to one of the recommended RV places today.

1) They wanted me to get an air force one for my class c, even though the air force one requires air brakes.
2) They won't work on the Jeep unless I bought the RV from them.

I'll keep looking...
You’re going to get that quite a bit from RV shops. There’s more work than techs.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Did you call Competition RV on Federal Blvd? I’ve heard some good things about them, and intended to use them to install a second A/C last year but my plans changed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts