Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

With winter here, the Travel Link app on my JL keeps putting out severe weather warnings. Unfortunately, the app is too stupid to know that once I hit “OK,” I am aware that there’s a severe weather somewhere, even if it is three counties away. The same warning window keeps popping up over and over and over. It’s driving me nuts.

I tried going into the app itself to see if I found a way to disable the warnings, but I didn’t.

Anyone has any insight as to how to disable the severe weather warnings?

If it cannot be disabled, I may try to disable the Travel Link app completely. I never use it.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Aldo, I thought I had seen a setting but I just went out to my 2020 JLUR and went all through all the settings I could find and I cannot find a way to shut off the weather notices. I get them too.

·
Premium Member
10,148 Posts
Aldo...

You may be receiving duplicate government alerts via multiple digital channels.

If you're subscribed to SiriusXM... read these.

https://www.siriusxm.com/infotainment

NavWeather Service Weather Warnings

If your phone is paired with Uconnect or Apple CarPlay... try shutting off "Government Alerts" on your cell phone listed under "Notifications."

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank you guys.

I found out on another forum it can be turned off with the Tazer. One more reason to get it I guess.

I have a Samsung Galaxy phone. I hooked up to Android Auto but disconnected it; I hate the vehicle taking over my phone’s interface. I’ll look into it. Perhaps I didn’t disconnect it as well as I thought.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
I will say this about having a "programmer" for lack of a better term....I keep mine in the Jeep All the time now. It has saved my bacon a half dozen times already.
Friggin' high-tech Jeeps.

The other day I did something (wrong) I hit the brakes too hard while parking or something. Sent the dash lights off like a Christmas tree trying to start a drag queen race.
Put the Jeep into limp mode. I was toast. I'm thinking holy crap I'm gonna have to have this thing towed for this!

I grabbed my FlashCal out and cleared a series of codes this and that - problem solved.

I wouldn't be w/o it which is pretty F'd up if you think about it....

* It used to be a screwdriver now it's a computer.....

·
Super Moderator
10,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Geez. That sounds more like a Land Rover than a Jeep!

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Thank you guys.

I found out on another forum it can be turned off with the Tazer. One more reason to get it I guess.

I have a Samsung Galaxy phone. I hooked up to Android Auto but disconnected it; I hate the vehicle taking over my phone’s interface. I’ll look into it. Perhaps I didn’t disconnect it as well as I thought.
Hey Aldo - Can you link to that forum or copy / paste what they said? I’ve got the Tazer and I don’t see any menu options to turn those alerts off. I’d love to get rid of them as well.

·
Super Moderator
10,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Sorry, that’s too small.

Here’s a link to the official pic on the Tazer website. It’s item No. 14:

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Sure thing. Here’s the screen shot they provided.

It’s item No. 15. Right before “Change Headlight Type (LED/STD)”.
Thanks Aldo - just went through every menu a couple of times and other than shutting down Travel Link altogether I can’t see where to disable those messages.

If someone else knows I’d love to know as well.

·
Premium Member
10,148 Posts
Sorry, that’s too small.

Here’s a link to the official pic on the Tazer website. It’s item No. 14:
"Enable/Disable Electric Power Steering Pump"

>>> You should see if your Jeep wanders with the pump turned off...

Reactions: HoundDude

·
Super Moderator
10,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"Enable/Disable Electric Power Steering Pump"

>>> You should see if your Jeep wanders with the pump turned off...

LOL I don’t think so.

Mine doesn’t wander too much, thankfully.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
I contacted Tazer support and here is the answer:

"They're tied together. If TL is off, you don't get the alerts or traffic info. There's no way to just kill the alrerts."

Unfortunately it's all or nothing and I like some of the other features; at least until I'd have to pay for it then it's bye bye to Travel Link.

·
Super Moderator
10,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Fortunately, Traffic and Weather are separate on the Travel Link app on the Uconnect screen.

I think I figured it out:

1. Have the vehicle on Park
  2. On the Uconnect screen go to Apps/Travel Link/Weather Map
  3. Un-select all the buttons on the far right of the Weather Map screen
We have a severe wind storm advisory today. The alerts came on on my way to Trader Joe’s. I did the steps above; didn’t get any alerts on the way back.

Fingers crossed!

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Fortunately, Traffic and Weather are separate on the Travel Link app on the Uconnect screen.

I think I figured it out:

1. Have the vehicle on Park
  2. On the Uconnect screen go to Apps/Travel Link/Weather Map
  3. Un-select all the buttons on the far right of the Weather Map screen
We have a severe wind storm advisory today. The alerts came on on my way to Trader Joe’s. I did the steps above; didn’t get any alerts on the way back.

Fingers crossed!
Very cool and thanks! I'll try that.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Never mind. The stupid alert keeps popping up.

How irritating!
Bummer, but it was a good shot. When I came back over the Rockies a couple of weeks ago the weather was nasty and that stupid alert was constantly coming up.

Hopefully there is a way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts