Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just figured that I'd ask the question while it was on my mind. Ever since I bought my jeep half a year ago my Turnsignal where also fast, The guy who owned it before said they were also like for him also :confused:

Any ideas on what could be causing the to blink faster than normal? none off the bulbs are blown.....

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Change out the flasher and see what happens...

You know tiny is going to tell you to change the blinker fluid, too.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Just for grins. Do you have LED tail lights?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Could be wrong (over-watted) bulbs - they need to have the correct wattage to match the resistance of the flasher. Check the owners manual about the bulbs, or get a different rated flasher. Similar problems can happen when trailer lights are hooked in. Too little resistance in the light circuit.

Pete

·
Registered
227 Posts
The turn signal flasher is a round can about 3/4 wide and 1 1/2 inches long, silver in color under the drivers side dash near the fuse panel. With the blinkers on the sound (Clicking) coming from it should a slow repetition. you must have too little resistance in the system, or the wrong flasher in the loop.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
It's been a long day, so I'm not thinking clearly. I was thinking the YJ flasher was located under the hood. I'm a little too worn out to go and look though.

Am I thinking wrong?

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
My bad amerijeep you're correct.. i just thought i might post the linky i have in my favorites although its for a tj.. every bit of the puzzel helps i hope

·
Registered
227 Posts
It's been a long day, so I'm not thinking clearly. I was thinking the YJ flasher was located under the hood. I'm a little too worn out to go and look though.

Am I thinking wrong?

On my 88 Yj the blinker flasher is under the dash as I stated. The link given also states that the blinker module is under the steering column (under the dash). Not sure what you have.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Mine are in the second power box that is under the hood. I assumed all YJs were that way, but I guess not.

Mine's a 94.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts