Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Researching soft tops. Is the twill worth the extra money? Im looking at the Bestop NX. Thanks

·
Registered
696 Posts
Short answer is yes. Twill feels better, looks better, folds better, insulates better and also it is easier to clean.
After getting the premium soft top for my jeep I ended up selling my hardtop and never looked back.

The only drawback is there are no matching half doors uppers for black twill

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,020 Posts
Short answer is yes. Twill feels better, looks better, folds better, insulates better and also it is easier to clean.
After getting the premium soft top for my jeep I ended up selling my hardtop and never looked back.

Bestop does make their soft doors in twill

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I was just in the same situation trying to decide between the 2 with the Trektop NX and went with the Twill....

Posted a few photos in my build thread:

https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/nothing-fancy-jkur-build-2320627-4.html#post33960971

My decission was based on life span. The Twill will probably last much longer... Save a few bucks now and buy another top sooner? I decided to spend a little extra and get the quality version..

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Is it a daily driver that you will spend lots of time driving with the soft top on, especially in winter, or do you have a hard top also? If you drive all the time and rely on the soft top I would get the twill. If you only use it in the summer and for emergencies etc. go with the cheaper one.

·
Registered
337 Posts

Bestop does make their soft doors in twill
When did they start making those? My dilemma is I have a premium top and the vinyl off-road hero’s top

·
Registered
645 Posts
I went with BD because for the price of the Twill, I could buy the BD and then later get the replacement fabric "replace-a-top". So even if the twill lasts twice and long, it would still be the same price and I'd have brand new fabric half way through. Also, some people said its harder to clean dirt and mud from the twill.

I do notice now it seems they stopped carrying the regular NX. All they show now is the "All New Trektop NX" which looks to just be the same as what they used to call the Trektop NX Plus (with the new sunrider and glide windows). For the 2dr, the BD is about $50 more than the Plus was though. And $150 more than the old zipper window NX. Which also means I may have trouble buying that replace-a-top later. >.< but its a summer top only for me and it seems like it will last a long time. Glad i bought it before it was gone. I specifically DIDN'T want the zipperless glide windows so i could roll them up and store them in the back. Jealous of that new self folding sunrider though.

EDIT: on second look, Qtech has them $50 cheaper than Bestop. So I guess the new NX is the same price as the old NX Plus. which is good since it seems to be the same thing.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
I snagged a very new twill top off of CL for $375.00 and replaced my BD top. Best move Ive done yet. Much quieter than the BD top. It even looks better. :drinks:

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
I'm considering doing that also. Where did you buy your soft-top at? Which one did you get?

·
Registered
301 Posts
A year ago, I replaced the Trektop (original) that I put on the JKU in 2010 with a new Trektop Glide in twill. Love it!

(Just remember with ANY soft top; lock up your valuables, or better yet, just don't leave them in the car. <30s to get all the doors unlocked with the softop on, from starting at the back to hitting the door unlock button & sealing down the back again, with no damage or evidence that it was done.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts