Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 two door jk has no rain gutters over the rear window. Looking for something to attach crossbars. would be easy for the front, but not the rear. Would like something permanent in the back attached to the roof. Anything out there? All I can find is those big cages. Thanks

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Do you happen to know if the soft top B pillar brackets have to be removed when using the Backbone rack?

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk
Are you talking about the brackets on the back of the roll bar? On my JKU they dont need to be removed when i swap the hard top with Rhino Rack.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Teraflex Nebo. Attaches through the roof to the sport bar. I have the four door version. It is pretty slick and nondescript.

I like the RhinoRack stuff too, but the Teraflex setup was a bit cheaper and did the job I wanted it to.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Teraflex Nebo. Attaches through the roof to the sport bar. I have the four door version. It is pretty slick and nondescript.

I like the RhinoRack stuff too, but the Teraflex setup was a bit cheaper and did the job I wanted it to.
Thanks, I didn't know there was a Teraflex Nebo for 2 door JKs. I'll check it out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So, anyone knows how they measure load capacity?

Dynamic: Nebo = 200 lbs, Rhino-Rack = 220 lbs
Static: Nebo = 850 lbs, Rhino-Rack = 530 lbs

I expected the Rhino-Rack to have greater load capacity, since it has the "frame" that goes all the way to the bottom of the hard top and distributes the weight on the Wrangler's body.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I know that you stated that you are not looking at large rack systems but I love my Sherpa rack system.

There are two knobs up front that release the front of the rack and allow it to be hinged up and backwards. You can buy cross bars and I believe they also have a luggage cage. You can pivot it back to change from hard top to soft top and back again without having to remove it.

I was also able to mount my 52" light bar up front.

The front brackets replace the windshield pillars and it bolts to the bumper in the rear. I would think that it would be capable of holding quite a load.

Just figured that I would add a different perspective.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
So, anyone knows how they measure load capacity?

Dynamic: Nebo = 200 lbs, Rhino-Rack = 220 lbs
Static: Nebo = 850 lbs, Rhino-Rack = 530 lbs

I expected the Rhino-Rack to have greater load capacity, since it has the "frame" that goes all the way to the bottom of the hard top and distributes the weight on the Wrangler's body.

Are those specs for the two door? for both racks? My 4 door Rhino Rack setup shows 800lbs static using all three crossbars. Makes sense the two door is slightly less. For what its worth, i only ever used the two rear crossbars on my rack when i had an RTT. No issues with almost 600lbs (static) on the back two crossbars.

I think what is probably important to note is that giving a rated load in a dynamic situation probably comes with some degree of liability. ANY weight up top changes the handling of the vehicle.

Bottom line, and seeing those ratings, it wouldnt really be a factor in determining which rack system i would choose.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Are those specs for the two door? for both racks? My 4 door Rhino Rack setup shows 800lbs static using all three crossbars. Makes sense the two door is slightly less. For what its worth, i only ever used the two rear crossbars on my rack when i had an RTT. No issues with almost 600lbs (static) on the back two crossbars.

I think what is probably important to note is that giving a rated load in a dynamic situation probably comes with some degree of liability. ANY weight up top changes the handling of the vehicle.

Bottom line, and seeing those ratings, it wouldnt really be a factor in determining which rack system i would choose.
Yes they're for the 2 door JK.

It's worth noting that the Nebo's static/dynamic capacities are the same for thr JK and JKU.

As of now I'm leaning towards the Rhino system after seeing the installation video of the Nebo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts