Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I'll start my build thread for my jeeps! It's going to be small so here we go

My first car! 2003 Inca gold Tj rubicon!

View attachment 2175793

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next I got myself some KC lights

View attachment 2175809

I didn't do much more to this jeep, being in high school I didn't have the money.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I eventually got KC fogs to match

View attachment 2175817

Ignore the green yeti I didn't take this picture it's the only one I have with the new fog lights

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I forgot to put the light specs in
The windshield mounted lights are 130watt slim light spot lights bright as hell and reach out far for some cheaper halogens

The fogs are 55watt factory wired and are much better than factory

View attachment 2175849

I know this is a tj on the jk forum but I'll be getting to my jk soon

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
View attachment 2175865

I didn't like the inca gold at first but now have grown to love it, and now the have the amp'd and that is so close to inca gold!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
View attachment 2175881

The only other inca gold jeep I've ever seen in person I finally found at a jeep/truck meet (mine is on the right)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
View attachment 2175897

I pulled many many odd things out of the mud in that jeep, including a Subaru wrx, a golf cart and a Mini Cooper.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now on to my JK, about a year ago I got a 2008 Jk rubicon
70k miles
View attachment 2175905

This was on the day I got it

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
View attachment 2175913

One of the first things I did was HIDs, the stock headlight on the tj and the jk sucked but I don't like the look of blue/white lights on a tj so I never got them for the tj but they look good on the jk so here ya go

I ordered them off of DDM tuning and got 35watt 6k with error eliminators and never have had a problem with them sometimes I forget to turn my headlights on and just run my fogs because my fogs are so bright

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Next was a set of wheels, I was planning on lifting it in the future so I needed a set of wheels with more back spacing but I wanted the Moab style because I love the Moab wheels so I got these off quadratec 4.7" BS at 17x8.5
View attachment 2175937

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This picture shows the little bit of factory rake and I was getting annoyed with it so I picked up a set of RC 3/4" front spacers and I love how it sits now (well until I get a lift :D)
View attachment 2175953

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't have a good picture showing the slight height difference from the spacers

But my next mod was a Superchips trail dash, having the rubicon it was worth getting the traildash because it does a lot more being able to control the lockers and all.
I don't have a picture of the trail dash but will upload one later
View attachment 2175961

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The traildash is nice, driving a tj for 4 years with the infamous 4.0 it was super touchy and torquey at low speeds the Jk with the gutless 3.8 was the complete opposite the throttle lag was horrible and was so slow The Superchips tune helped a lot with that, I don't know how much more actual power the 93 tune gives me but the throttle is so much better. I'm running the 93 performance tune now but will most likely switch back to 87 soon. 93 doesn't make that much of a difference impo View attachment 2175969

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's all for now, I ordered a RK 2.5" flex Kit with rancho 9000 shocks for my JK and its on the way! I'll post pictures once I get it on!

View attachment 2175977

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I forgot something, Right around the time I got the HIDs I got rid of the ugly plastic "air dam/skid plate" in the front

The previous owners towed my jeep behind an RV so they had tow hitches on the front and in order to mount them they cut huge holes in the front air dam so as I took those off I didn't want holes cut in the air dam so I took it off completely and go a metal skid plate

View attachment 2176017

Hard to see but it's there the best picture is of the one where I show the tint earlier in the thread you can see the skid plate much better but for some reason my phone won't let me post two pictures on one reply

·
Registered
83 Posts
curious to see the outcome of the RK 2.5" lift and how much lift you'll gain on an unloaded two door, I'm in the same boat and want to eventually get a 2.5" kit but still undecided on which brand

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
curious to see the outcome of the RK 2.5" lift and how much lift you'll gain on an unloaded two door, I'm in the same boat and want to eventually get a 2.5" kit but still undecided on which brand
I'll be sure to get a good before and after picture for you!

I went with RK because I've heard nothing but great things about them and I was choosing between teraflex (most popular WF lift) and RK But went with RK because of the progressive rate coils

1 - 20 of 32 Posts