Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching (Though didn't get a chance to check my manual yet) and didn't see much so here goes:

-How do you override the interior lights shutting off after a few minutes?
A couple months ago I was installing my Dirty Dog 4x4 netting at night. I was using my interior lighting and all was good ... until the interior lights went out. I had to keep opening/shutting doors to get them back on for a few more minutes before going back out again. Annoying!

-How do you override the headlights shutting off after a few minutes?
My sister had a flat tire so I took the Jeep out to change the tire for her. I used my headlights to illuminate the front of her car. Every few minutes the headlights kept turning off and I had to turn them back on.

I know these are "idiot" features, but I miss the whole TJ, YJ, XJ, ZJ deal where if I turn the lights on they stay on until I turn them off (Or the battery dies).

Thanks,

-Rick

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
How do you override the interior lights shutting off after a few minutes?

How do you override the headlights shutting off after a few minutes?
Instrument Panel Dimmer
Rotate the center portion of the lever to the extreme bottom position to fully dim the instrument panel lights and prevent the interior lights from illuminating when a door is opened.

Rotate the center portion of the lever up to increase the brightness of the instrument panel lights when the parking lights or headlights are on.

Rotate the center portion of the lever upward to the next detent position to brighten the odometer and radio whenthe parking lights or headlights are on.

Rotate the center portion of the lever upward to the last detent to turn on the interior lighting.

Headlights And Parking Lights
Turn the end of the multifunction lever to the first detent for parking light operation. Turn to the second detent for headlight operation.

If the vehicle is off, turning the headlights on by switching the multifunction lever to the headlight on position, the headlights should remain on until you turn them off. You should hear the reminder tone when a door is opened and the lights are on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts