Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as the transfer case fluid, can I use the ATF+4 in place of the dextron III fluid?

Also, I've been having a problem with the transmission slipping out of 3rd gear. It shifts fine, but when driving in 3rd if I do not keep my foot accelerating it will slip out into "neutral". It's an ax15 trans in a 1999 TJ sport 4.0 6 speed. What is a common repair for this issue?

Thank you

·
Registered
600 Posts
+4 should be fine, some say its better!

Dont know about your popping out of gear problem..

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Dextron is GM spec fluid, why would it even be used in the first place? You Jeep is a Chrysler vehicle, ATF+ is Chrysler spec fluid and ATF+ is what the 231 specifically calls for.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
freeskier said:
Dextron is GM spec fluid, why would it even be used in the first place? You Jeep is a Chrysler vehicle, ATF+ is Chrysler spec fluid and ATF+ is what the 231 specifically calls for.
Because my dad had bought extra for another vehicle here and I was just wondering if it would work just as well. Saves me from going out and buying something else. I figured I would ask the forum

1 - 10 of 10 Posts