Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a rocknob Moab transmission shifter knob with gear pattern on my 5 speed almost the whole time I've owned my TJ. It was the second or third mod I did and one of my favorites. I recently purchased one of ODTJ's transfer case shifters, and I'm planning to put another rock knob on the new tc lever. What I haven't decided is whether to get another Moab rock or the Timpanogos rock. Which ever I choose will have the gear patten. I'm leaning towards Timpanogos. I think the contrast will look cool. What do y'all think?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone have two rocknob shifters and have pics?

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
I have a white billiard ball style shift knob with the Navy seal on it, no shift pattern. I know where the gears are and so does anyone else who gets to drive it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You think it wouldn't look better than the TC lever that's stock? I've seen a JK with two rocknob shifters, but never a TJ.

Also, I just like the aesthetic of having the gear pattern on there.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Throw it one there and see if you like it. Its all up to you to decide.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I've got the transmission shifter one as well and had debated doing the same. If you do switch over post up a pic.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure if you guys have seen it, but one of the members here makes a replacement tc shifter lever where the rod sticks up out of the whiskered slot. I like the look of that better than the lever that's parallel to the floor. I'm definitely going to switch to a rocknob for the TC shifter, I'm just not sure which type of rock I'm going to use. I'll definitely post pictures once I've done it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a white billiard ball style shift knob with the Navy seal on it, no shift pattern. I know where the gears are and so does anyone else who gets to drive it.
Thanks...really useful information.

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
The TC transfer case lever is very similar to the one in the XJs. I rather like the fact that they lay flat when in 4 HI. We know it's there, and out of the way. The straight lever in the JK, though short at times gets in the way. Of course back in the day they really came up. The transfer case lever on my 1990 Dodge W250 was longer than the shifter in the TJ and the transmission lever (even had granny low) was long enough that the know was almost up to the radio.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone have an opinion on whether I should get a matching rock or contrasting rock?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Matching. Too many contrasts get distracting and start to look bad. You know which is which by location and height.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts