Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to finally start my build thread. I've been reading here for a while getting ideas and doing things here and there. I doubt it will get too crazy, but that's what they all say. Planning on a lift, new wheels, rear bumper, tire carrier, tummy tuck, lighting, and whatever else I manage to pick up along the way. My first priority is the rear bumper as the current one has met the front end of the Nissan van following to closely behind me. Thank you insurance company for a new bumper. Planning on the JRC rear bumper only. Anyone used this ever or know someone who has? I plan on installing a separate tub mounted tire carrier later.

image-2420879602.jpg

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
A buddy here locally is running their front bumper on his TJ. It is very nicely made. No experience with the rear bumper, but the quality is evident.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know. It looks solid on their webpage for sure. I'm repenting of my evil ways of buying a Chinese made front bumper from smitty and buying USA. Here's a pic of the bumper. I'm a fan due to the receiver, d ring tabs, and beefy build. Has a frame tie in as well. image-4060083823.jpg Appreciate the rec.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This weekend ordering light bar, pillar lights, hella black magic lights for bumper and blacking out the Moabs.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got all four wheels blacked out with plasti dip. It wasn't a perfect job, but it'll work for the next year at least.

image-1575302212.jpg

I've been struggling with removing the hitch that was put on 7 yrs ago. If anyone has a good solution for removing one of the rear frame bolts let me know. Next improvement in line is bed lining the mirrors that are faded like crazy.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Finally got all four wheels blacked out with plasti dip. It wasn't a perfect job, but it'll work for the next year at least.

View attachment 1179586

I've been struggling with removing the hitch that was put on 7 yrs ago. If anyone has a good solution for removing one of the rear frame bolts let me know. Next improvement in line is bed lining the mirrors that are faded like crazy.
Use a BFH.. :beerme:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This weekend I got my bumper from JCR Offroad mounted. I had to drop the gas tank to get all the bolts tightened up right, but it was easy enough. All the holes lined up just right which was a welcome change. It was really a quality product. I had it covered with Linex after I coated it with primer and rustoleum spray on bedliner. Looks great and I think it will last forever.

image-1724229032.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts