Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed the TYGER Hitch...
Install was to say the least a breeze! Start to finish 20 minutes tops!
The most difficult part was holding the nuts in place. The friend who helped me had a tool, similar to the thumb operated claws to reach and pick things up but instead in was meant to hold a nut by the corners or points with the threads facing out... If that makes sense. It was a little snug but really no issues. The directions say to remove the tow hook, it's simply not necessary to do it.

The wiring harness fit perfectly and works great.

Over all highly recommended and the price including the harness and a tight fitting plug to cover the receiver was $63.00 from Amazon.

You just can't beat it!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JZQXJ3K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

:iamhappy:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I recently purchase and installed the TYGER hitch as well. I would say definitely worth the money. I took the bumper off and install time was about 30 minutes, I didn't remove the tow hook.

I was worried about the wiring, but it was easy.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
It there a class III version? The "basket" I want to use with it has a 500lb rating. I doubt I ever load up more than then the 350lb this is rated, but might as well see if can match up.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have tiger side steps and hitch on mine as well. very pleased and easy installs.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Just put one one. Installation was easy. Only thing I can't figure out, there are four white tabs on the wiring harness that insert into the 8mm holes in the frame to hold the wires. Found the two closest to the four pin plug. Any one know where the two other holes are

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just put one one. Installation was easy. Only thing I can't figure out, there are four white tabs on the wiring harness that insert into the 8mm holes in the frame to hold the wires. Found the two closest to the four pin plug. Any one know where the two other holes are
I will have to look, seems like there was 1 or two that went higher where the wire comes from under the brake light

1 - 9 of 9 Posts